ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rebuild questions

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
hi, my engines pretty much had it these days, its drinking oil, coolant, and lost a bit of power (as many will remember it used to be a quick one, no longer is!)

now even although i can probably afford insurance a 1600 conversion i dont want to pay it, so mine is getting a rebuild.

been getting quotes and Hi-Flow Heads have told me arround the £900 mark for a full standard rebuild or around £1800 for a full rebuild with headwork with bigger valves, lightned and ballanced internals and an uprated cam.

i dont mind paying the £900 for the full rebuild as it will basically be a brand new car again since everything else including gearbox has been replaced in the last 6 months! what im not sure about tho is do i pay the extra for the go faster goodies?!?!

how much extra power am i looking at after a remap with the above spec keeping in mind it has a full stainless cat back with sports cat and induction mods already.

cheers,
Martin

Lionel Richie
no, my engine has history! its the engine that beat 172's on track! its the engine that pulled my ass down the 1/4mile in 17.9sec!!! legendary

Or Adamhog has his one for sale cheap I forget what he wants low milage I think under 50k I think.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i just dont want to go for a slower low millage one, mine went like fuk untill about 3 months ago then its gone down hill! freds sounds like a plan but i really cant be fuked taking mine out and putting a new one in as ive just finished putting mine back in this week lol

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
i just dont want to go for a slower low millage one, mine went like fuk untill about 3 months ago then its gone down hill! freds sounds like a plan but i really cant be fuked taking mine out and putting a new one in as ive just finished putting mine back in this week lol

i doubt you would notice any differnce.. i spent a packet on mine to get it rr at 88hp.. wasnt really "quick" would be faster than other 1.2's but they were 1.5k better off and got there 15secs after me..

plus when u re biuld it .. it will just be like a newly tight engine..

swap it for 150 quid

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
many members here will back me up when i say mine used to keep up with the sports no problem at the meets in summer infact i even remember a wee incident where i overtook a certain 182 on a backroad ;) you know who you are lol

ST
many members here will back me up when i say mine used to keep up with the sports no problem at the meets in summer infact i even remember a wee incident where i overtook a certain 182 on a backroad ;) you know who you are lol

I remember son...to be fair it was a girl who was driving it tho lol

www.renparts.co.uk
I would do the 2.0 conversion....... or get a used 1.2.... You can pick them up cheap enough. Either that or stick a used engine in, sell it and buy a cup :)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
no point selling it for a used 1.2, its got about 2 grand worth of mods on it now which im not swaping over to a new car lol

2.0 conversion ive thought about but wudnt be able to insure it for 2 years and not up for that!

fancy going for the rebuild just a LOT of money for the small gains im going to get but im more than happy with how it handles the now just always said it would be nice with 90-100bhp! (not that id get that from the rebuild, well maby 90bhp once it was run in a bit)

My engine was knackered and I had thought about rebuilding it but ended up buying a 2nd hand engine. It only had 8k on it and got it for £250 all in worth thinking about

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
na mate cant afford to do it just yet needs to wait untill feburary or so, and just remembered i need to pay pal you money for the horn ill do it now!