ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recaro CS seats,Clio 197 into 182 etc.

JON FOZ

ClioSport Club Member
  EVO 6
IMG_0536.JPG
Over the past few years I've been asked quite a few times about fitting the Recaro CS seats found in the 197/200 into Clio MK2.

Up until recently I'd never seen a set removed from a car to really understand in detail what kind of job it is.

I've now got a set of 197 runners and subframe assemblies that are used with the CS seats.

I've had a quick look and I'm pretty confident that I can produce a kit which would enable fitment straight onto your existing Clio MK2 runners.

This will be a total replacement assembly.

I won't be chopping up existing ones as they are a complex unit.

I will be reducing the height from the 197 as people's opinions have always been that they are far too tall in the car.

To be able to offer the Lowered seating position,I think the "one touch"slide function,that comes when you pull the tilt lever to the rear of the seat would need to be deleted.More time on design will determine this.

Im interested in hearing any comments or ideas from members on this idea.

Once Ive got prototypes in hand I'd be looking for a MK2 who has a set of CS to test fit etc.

Jon

Clio Sport 182
View attachment 1337238 Over the past few years I've been asked quite a few times about fitting the Recaro CS seats found in the 197/200 into Clio MK2.

Up until recently I'd never seen a set removed from a car to really understand in detail what kind of job it is.

I've now got a set of 197 runners and subframe assemblies that are used with the CS seats.

I've had a quick look and I'm pretty confident that I can produce a kit which would enable fitment straight onto your existing Clio MK2 runners.

This will be a total replacement assembly.

I won't be chopping up existing ones as they are a complex unit.

I will be reducing the height from the 197 as people's opinions have always been that they are far too tall in the car.

To be able to offer the Lowered seating position,I think the "one touch"slide function,that comes when you pull the tilt lever to the rear of the seat would need to be deleted.More time on design will determine this.

Im interested in hearing any comments or ideas from members on this idea.

Once Ive got prototypes in hand I'd be looking for a MK2 who has a set of CS to test fit etc.

Jon
Meg 3 seats into a 172. Don't underestimate how much height needs to come out. These were done with aftermarket sliders and bespoke mounts.
d47f4474fa4aacbb8c646dcde3ce8d7f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

JON FOZ

ClioSport Club Member
  EVO 6
Thanks.I understand they sit pretty high.

Mine are going to utilise standard Clio runners.

Did you go for the lowest you could go ?

Clio Sport 182
Thanks.I understand they sit pretty high.

Mine are going to utilise standard Clio runners.

Did you go for the lowest you could go ?

Took the height adjustment out and made mounting points. If you removed the plastic skirt they could possibly go a little lower. Look forward to seeing how it goes.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

RS Clio 200
Love to see this done for a mk4! Very interested in that possibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Gus

JON FOZ

ClioSport Club Member
  EVO 6
Love to see this done for a mk4! Very interested in that possibility.

Give me a chance ;)

Let's see the current set up in the Mk4.

Never seen one in the flesh.

Do they have Recaro seats or standard armchairs ?

Jon

RS Clio 200
Standard seats although they are very good to be fair, but just not as good as the recaros!

mk3 1.2i phase 1
Is there anyway to put 172 cup seats into a mk3 at tall??I’ve got some for free and I wanna put it in my clio instead of having standard cloth seats