ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recaro Pole Position Lower Seat Rails

Clio
So i finally got around to fitting my custom made rails.

After a lot of measuring and re-measuring and then the design work started to try to come up with the best solution to the problem.

I made a few prototypes to iron out any problems which had arisen. Trust me there were a few lol.

Basically i removed the Recaro side mounts and the mounts which fix onto the existing rails and replaced these with one bracket.

Here are a few pictures of the brackets before the seat was fitted.
IMG_2872_zps468b3608.jpg

IMG_2875_zps4e7d5eb5.jpg

IMG_2876_zpsbc00c0e5.jpg

I also tried to take a shot of the difference in height between the original recaro side mount brackets and the custom made brackets with the seat fitted.
IMG_2870_zps82aa9e72.jpg

This is what they look like with the seat fitted.
IMG_2877_zps4a05b21c.jpg

IMG_2879_zps636f96fc.jpg

Passenger brackets also fitted.
IMG_2884_zps27345368.jpg

IMG_2885_zps96a9e537.jpg

They now sit a lot lower than the standard brackets, much more head room.
IMG_2887_zps13cff766.jpg

IMG_2892_zpsf770c8af.jpg

IMG_2893_zps9d1bd2fa.jpg

Overall this is one of the best modifications which i have done to the vee. The Pole Position seats really are fantastic but i have not got the best out of them until i lowered them.

Any of you who have the Pole Positions on standard brackets will know how high you sit on the standard brackets.

Using these custom made brackets i have lowered the seat around 5'' i could go another 1'' lower although i would have to adapt the handle which you slide the seats with.

Overall a great mod and would really recommend it. It was worth all the hard work and effort :)

I have started a group buy on these in the group buy section if anyone is interested.

Jonny

Clio
They are an excellent modification for anyone running pole positions on standard side mounts. A HUGE difference!