ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recaro Seat info - updated

RS4 480hp,STI 420hp,ELISE
I just asked the price and how it goes with the side airbags. The chairs are allways delivered with an airbagmodule that tricks the airbaglight

Lee

BMW M2C
Just had a quick look, and I've not got any pics. They're just the same in a V as they are in a 182, only the centre console is different, other than that it's the same.

Just curious what they look like and if the adjustment mechanism fouls the centre console like it does with the std Vee seats.

They are fantastic. Coincidentaly, the trim matches very closely the standard alcantara on the doors. Plenty of room for the recline handle, even more than with the standard seats. You do sit noticeably lower plus they look geat !

AstraVan Sportive
Right,

I have just spoken to Recaro and they cant supply OEM seats. Has anyone got a picture of the seat in question, there may be an almost identical Aftermarket seat that we could supply..

Thanks

AstraVan Sportive
OK brilliant, We can supply those at 10% discount as part of a seat and frame package to ClioSport members :)

RRP is £575 per seat
£114 per Subframe
£25 delivery

John

Lee

BMW M2C
EVOgone said:
Whats the difference between the two seat OEM VS AFTERMARKET ?

None, Renault didn't do anything to the seats, they just bought them and fitted them to the existing subframes, modified to be 10mm lower.

Sounds like you've come to a compromise with the seats mate. ;)

Sounds like Renault make a loss then if they offer them for £550 as an option? or is the markup on Recaro that much?!

Does anyone know if you can buy them through Renault yet? For example, if you damaged your seat and had it replaced under insurance surely they would source it through Renault not Recaro or a third party? Mind you, through Renault they'll probably be £1k each!!

Just a thought...

Lee

BMW M2C
I don't know about them making a loss, but I expect 182 seats aren't cheap, unlike Cup seats. They were a much more expensive option in 182 Cup, than the full fat 182.

I don't know if this is true, but I was at a local Renault bodyshop the other day and we were discusing how Trophy dampers are impossible to source, the parts guy commented they are having the same problem with the Recaros.

I'd guess Renault purchased a bulk amount from Recaro to cover all the cars which were to be fitted with them, and a few spares, which have now been used up.

Renault have never sold the Recaros seperately.

AstraVan Sportive
I can assure you that i only get slightly more discount than the 10% im offering

Im sure Renault would have god a better deal

Here's mine;

th_CG-Lock.gif

th_RecaroSeat.jpg

th_RecaroPassengerSeat.jpg

I find them very comfortable as well as being very supportive!

Although I would prefer them to sit even lower than they do.

7MAT

Are they like Recaros of old (I used to have a Fiesta turbo way back!) where the front of the seat pulls forward?

Red Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus RS
jay said:
I would if I had a spare 1k knocking around ;)

I do have a spare £1k knocking aroung and I would pay that but fortunately I'm not having too. ;) I got a cracking deal in return for some advertising.

One reason why they are so expensive is they are handmade to order.

I loved the squab pouches when I had Recaros in my FRST for a while. I replaced them with Sparco buckets though but the sunstrip remains. ;)

John2Modified said:
OK brilliant, We can supply those at 10% discount as part of a seat and frame package to ClioSport members :)

RRP is £575 per seat
£114 per Subframe
£25 delivery

John

are these prices including the 10% discount??

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
i've spoke to a chap at demon tweeks called dave kimberly and will do them for £510 each which is abit better

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Aussie 2001 Clio Cup. I have some Recaro Trendlines. My current seats have side airbags.Does anyone know what needs to be done to the airbag
wiring when fitting the Recaros. Does the computer need reprogramming
also
Cheers
Richard

avstar1

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
Just to confirm I spoke to Recaro at the autosports show and she stated that these seats are 18kg each in weight.

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
so has anybody actually bought the seats and fitted them into their cars? because i havent heard of anyone that has done it so far, i know that jermemy townsend has different seats in his v6 but they arent recaro trendlines SFAIA

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
lol my mistake! i thought that they were some cobra things but obviously not!

anyway... anybody else had them fitted?