ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recaros (My new 182 pics)

Hi folks,

I picked up my spanking new 182 on Friday and Im loving every minute so far. I just thought Id write a quick note to advise anyone who is considering a new 182 to tick the box for Recaro seats, they are truely amazing, so much support and so comfy. The crap rear bench doesnt bother me slightly but loosing the split fold might be a pain for thew golf clubs etc.

Im off to get a few more miles under its belt.

Ian. (A happy 182 owner)

http://www.members.aolhttp://www.members.aol

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Fairly average! Still prefer the recaros out of my bros DC2 and even the Konigs in my dads R32

MKIII 138

lighter but at the expense of side air bags ? hmm.. i like them but i think R32 style seats or aftermarket cobras would be a cheaper and better bet.

still.. very smart

Quote: Originally posted by AJRMOTORSPORT on 15 May 2005

Fairly average! Still prefer the recaros out of my bros DC2 and even the Konigs in my dads R32
lol, cheers for that. Gotta love the "my dads car is better than your dads car" attitude. ;)

Arent these the same as the ones in the DC2 or am I getting mixed up with something else? Theyre good enought for the Evo VII.

Konigs are nice but £££ and a bit to big for a clio IMO.

IAn.

Quote: Originally posted by meggerman on 15 May 2005

lighter but at the expense of side air bags ? hmm.. i like them but i think R32 style seats or aftermarket cobras would be a cheaper and better bet.

still.. very smart

Fair point about the side airbags, although my thoughts are more "side airbags at the expense of Recaros"!.

Not sure about Konigs or aftermarket Cobras being any cheaper tho.

Ian.

[Edited by Ian182 on 15 May 2005 at 5:32pm]

Lee

BMW M2C

I tried them the other week at Brands and found them to be a good balance. Certainly better than the standard seats.

Ill be having them in my next one.

Cheers for all the positive comments.

Im obviously a little defensive as Ive just spent a whack of money on it! I like it so thats all that matters really.

Cant wait to get a few miles on it.

Ian.

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by Adamf on 15 May 2005
Theyde look better in a real 182.

How? They would look the same, the only difference in that picture is theres no shiny button on the handbrake.

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Quote: Originally posted by Adamf on 15 May 2005
At least there would be leather in the back then.

No there wouldnt :(

Renault make you loose the nice rear seat to get them.

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3

Quote: Originally posted by Matt Wills on 15 May 2005
Only 2 harness slots so loads of use on trackdays....NOT

lol why not? whats wrong with 4 points.

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by Matt Wills on 15 May 2005
Only 2 harness slots so loads of use on trackdays....NOT

Fine by me, I use my car to get me to and from work and harnesses make driving safely in Birmingham a nightmare. For the 4 or 5 times a year I go on track I can live without harnesses.

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

I like them but they kind of look awlfully simular to the renault sport seats

[Edited by jph172 on 5/15/2005 8:01:25 PM]

Very nice indeed, but having looked at them are they really worth the extra cash over the standard babies?

Still a big :D is justifed.

Lots of people hung up about the looks (and even the rear seats!) but surely the improved driving position and extra comfort is far more important?! The main complaint the press make about the Clio is the driving position, cant really complain that Renault now offer you the opportunity to fix this from new.

Silver 172 Mk2

I kinda asked this on the last thread but, will these fit straight in a normal 182, with the standard rear alacantara split seats?

I noticed the price on the recaro site is £595 per seat!! Which is double what Renault charge as an extra. Is it possible to get them from Renault as an extra on a 182 which hasnt been bought brand new??

Love the look in Suede and black leather!!

Lee

BMW M2C

You cant get them as an extra from Renault, only in a new car.

If you were to buy them from Recaro you would just need to sort out the airbag warning light and wiring, other than that you wouldnt have any problems.