ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scott™ Arctic 182

Fiesta ST-3
Well here I am back in the fold.

After selling my 172 cup for the Nimbus 197, I always had a niggle in me about the Cup. I missed it so much. So I went and bought a BMW. Ha. That lasted all of two months as I now had my heart set on another Renault Sport.

This time the 182 FF. I'd enjoyed the sportiness of the 172 but the luxury of the 197 and IMO the 182 FF satisfies them both.

So I drove 6 hours each way to Essex to pick up this.

Car Spec

Arctic 182 FF
54K Miles
Cambelt & Dephaser Changed
Brand New Tyres all round
K-Tec Top Mounts
K-Tec Engine Mounts
Power Flex Bushes all round.

8590391084_50a3ee7b51_z.png

IMG_1018 by scott.thomas21, on Flickr

This is the only picture I have really worth sharing at present as the weather has been crap. The car was previously on the club but not by an active member as such. He only used the forum for advice etc, he inherited the car from his sister when her and her boyfriend split up, so he had no idea about the uprated engine and suspension parts which is why I got it at a steal for £2700.

Much like the 197 I have a 3 Stage plan.

Stage 1

Aero wipers
LED Side Lights
Silvertech indicator bulbs
LED Rear Plate Light
New Splitter (mine has a crack)
New fog light (Crack in mine)

Stage 2

Janspeed Exhaust
K-Tec Coilovers
Wheel Refurb
Spacers
New Spoiler (I have no idea on what people do with this? V6? Or trophy? God knows)

Stage 3

Uprate brakes all round
RS2 Inlet/Throttle Bodies
Possible Turinis

These are my plans and I think I have a lovely little base car to start on. It runs lovely, rattles like hell inside so need to sort that but otherwise not too bad at all.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Plans sound good, any reason for the Ktec coilovers? I'd be tempted by the bilsteins instead now they are available.

I'd also do the brakes sooner than last, but that's just me.

Fiesta ST-3
Plans sound good, any reason for the Ktec coilovers? I'd be tempted by the bilsteins instead now they are available.

I'd also do the brakes sooner than last, but that's just me.

Cheers Mike. I had them on the Cup and had no issues, I never plan on tracking the car so I just stuck with what I know best. The brakes I should say are fine but I was looking at uprated all round once I decide on an RS2 or bodies.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
It seems people always miss the Renault Sport's and always find themselves back in one. Looks like a decent buy with a nice spec.I really love my solid engine mounts, massive uprgrade imo.

The plans all sound decent too, especially stage 3 ;)

I'll keep a close eye on this thread.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Looks great Scott!

I'd say that arctic don't really suit the standard wheels as well as RB/BG IMO! Turini's are a good option as common as it may be!

Plans sound great, i think the Trophy spoiler would suit Artic blue!

These 182's are getting cheaper and cheaper i personally paid £2,450 for mine with 51k on the clock with full service history belts etc.

They are addictive cars i'm on my 3rd 182 :eek: .

I have some ebay links for the LED rear number plate lights, silver visions, aero wipers etc which i'll dig up for you as i did these cheaper mods first which makes a big difference IMO.

Fiesta ST-3
Plans sound great, i think the Trophy spoiler would suit Artic blue!

These 182's are getting cheaper and cheaper i personally paid £2,450 for mine with 51k on the clock with full service history belts etc.

They are addictive cars i'm on my 3rd 182 :eek: .

I have some ebay links for the LED rear number plate lights, silver visions, aero wipers etc which i'll dig up for you as i did these cheaper mods first which makes a big difference IMO.

Cheers mate, already ordered them all. I have them waiting to fit :p

Fiesta ST-3
It seems people always miss the Renault Sport's and always find themselves back in one. Looks like a decent buy with a nice spec.I really love my solid engine mounts, massive uprgrade imo.

The plans all sound decent too, especially stage 3 ;)

I'll keep a close eye on this thread.

Looks great Scott!

I'd say that arctic don't really suit the standard wheels as well as RB/BG IMO! Turini's are a good option as common as it may be!

Cheers guys.

Inferno 225 cup
Looks great Scott!

They do when they are the right colour ;)

Look forward to seeing all the things you have planned come together :)

AB 182 FF
Great buy Scott.

Plans sound spot on too. Cracking deal you got there, I think.

Only thing that I wouldn't do would be change the spoiler. It seems to look so strange on AB with a Trophy spoiler on it.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
That looks like a stunning base, good luck on finding a clueless seller too.

If I ever bought a 182 it'd be this colour. Get some ITB's so it feels like a real car (ph1)

Fiesta ST-3
Cheers guys.

Rob I really do feel like I had a bargain. Bought a mechanic with me and there were a few issues like blowing exhaust but had the car on the ramp the other night and underneath is so clean its untrue.

BlackGold 182
Good to see you back in an rs mate! Loved your cup and 197.

the 182 looks a great base to start from and your plans sound good can't wait to see the updates

Fiesta ST-3
Cheers guys.

A little update from me. Had a bit of trouble with K-tec re my Coilovers but the correct ones have now arrived. Also had some car mats arrive, along with my Jan Speed Cat back system.

I also had some silver tech bulbs and led rear plate light, along with side lights arrive. I think it freshens up the whole look of the car. Any way some pictures.

IMG_1021_zps722d670f.jpg

The nicely colour coded mats.

IMG_1022_zps0924d8f1.jpg

A before picture

IMG_1023_zps09088e18.jpg

A before of the rear

IMG_1024_zpsf3047a95.jpg

And after

IMG_1026_zpsf5fa4226.jpg

Again a before of the front

IMG_1025_zpsb6c44a5d.jpg

It took me so long to get my hands in the right place it was getting dark and this is the best picture I could get of the front end with the right of the picture having the LED side light and the left original.

IMG_1027_zpsa3b17bab.jpg

Before you say it, the car will be having new plates once my private reg comes through.

Fiesta ST-3
More of an update today. Had my coilovers and exhaust fitted. I've also ordered Turinis. The height will be adjusted once I have the Turinis. Not only that K-Tec have yet again failed me, and sent me the front coilovers without the top bolt and washer that attaches to the hub, so my friends made some temporary ones but the camber is slightly out.

Also some pictures of the underside whilst she was up on the ramp.

Exhaust System in place

IMG_1028_zps8e2a2d5c.jpg

A shot of the system from the underside.

IMG_1031_zps5ba1ae6f.jpg

Coilover in place and grooved disks I didn't even realise i had haha.

IMG_1029_zps83c3c08c.jpg

Off the ramp front

IMG_1035_zps3a5998e8.jpg

Off the ramp rear

IMG_1036_zpsf94204c6.jpg

And now on the road outside my mates house

IMG_1037-1_zpsdc576b25.jpg

As I said the camber is not right on the front in the slightest due to the missing parts from K-Tec, once I get on the blower to them, fit turinis and adjust the height it should look schweeet.

I also need to get her booked into Renault this week as there is a noise coming from the Aux Belt area.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Good progress made on this. Not sure I'd have plumped for k-tec coilies, but each to their own. Looks good, and will be great when Stage 3 is complete ;) I'd also move the brakes up the list. This going on track at some point? Last thing - I'd change the GB plate, fussy like that - nice clean plates FTW.

I like seeing how people who move from 172s / 182s always return, it convinces me never to sell the flamer! If you want to see the trophy / v6 spoiler on one, look at my threads mate as I have one on mine.

Octavia VRS LE
Bloody hell that was quick!! You don't hang around do you?

Will look awesome once on Turinis mate.

Fiesta ST-3
Good progress made on this. Not sure I'd have plumped for k-tec coilies, but each to their own. Looks good, and will be great when Stage 3 is complete ;) I'd also move the brakes up the list. This going on track at some point? Last thing - I'd change the GB plate, fussy like that - nice clean plates FTW.

I like seeing how people who move from 172s / 182s always return, it convinces me never to sell the flamer! If you want to see the trophy / v6 spoiler on one, look at my threads mate as I have one on mine.

Cheers mate. Plates will be coming off once I can transfer my private reg.

Will pop into your tread and have a look now.

Fiesta ST-3
Just cleaned the inside and fitted the mats. A quick picture.

IMG_1041-1_zps1f336c22.jpg

Now I wanted to ask, how do you clean seat belts? Mine are the most disgusting things I've ever seen. One of the previous owners must of had a serious hygiene issue. So yea how the hell do I clean them. Here is a picture of the lower part of the belt and the part that never gets used to show you the difference.

IMG_1040-1_zps9fe68e68.jpg

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Nice Scott. As rob said, you did well finding a seller that wasnt that clued up on it. Looks a tidy example.

How you finding the 182 compared to your previous RS's?

Mods sound good also, and yeah you dont hang about!

I did read the same about the seatbelts. Pull them out and jetwash them. But i'd be concerned and the buckle hitting the bodywork.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Cannot believe how quick these updates are coming in. Wish I could do mine as quick!

Looking good Scott :)

BG FF 182
Looking good, Exhaust sits perfectly, OEM mats from Renault would have looked ten times better though IMO

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
re seat belts

washing up bowl of hot water, then wind out the belt, spray it in some all purpose cleaner/interior shampoo, work it in with your hands/ cloth. Then use the water to rinse them in. Rinse repeat. Works well.

Better doing on a hot day so they dry out