ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

recommend a bluray disc to show what a hdtv can do?

dk

911 GTS Cab
got my mum monsters vs. aliens for xmas, not seen it but i'm sure it will be first class on the old blu stuff.

white leon cupra R
that monsters v aliens , wht does the big hamster gerbil thing turn in to a hairy butter fly at the end ???

the best one is actually harry potter and the intro bit just after the park scene, i onlt know this as its drilled into me when i demo blueray from sony.

182FF with cup packs
really its a bad one to demo due to the intentional low quality due to the grain etc

Battlestar Galactica is like that as well, there's even a warning on the beginning that basically says that the graininess is due to "artistic choices".

clio rs
got my mum monsters vs. aliens for xmas, not seen it but i'm sure it will be first class on the old blu stuff.

watched it - great film good demo too

my 1st blu-ray was beowulf and i was hooked - its was so will done it almost looked like real actors

Bit late to this party, but I bought my second Blu Ray this week (first was The Hurt Locker)...

Baraka

It's just insane, shot on 70mm film in 1992, easily the best looking thing I've ever seen on my TV. Don't worry too much about the spiritual side of it if that isn't your thing (I generally can't stand that kind of slant, prefer nature films myself), it's spine tingling stuff.

Missus generally has no interest, but she just sat silently watching, great review here, basically the transfer is way, waaaay beyond the capabilities any technology we have in the home.

[youtube]YaW4AskXADQ[/youtube]

Last edited:
  Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
i always find the digitally animated stuff looks great but seems a little weird at the same time. i understand and can see the picture quality is superb but it looks as though you're watching an FMV from a video game. it a completely different type of home movie experience.

live action on the other hand is immense!

Die Hard 4.0 was pretty cool when i watched it HD

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I really need to get planet earth boxset I missed a couple when they were on.

Get Debbie does Dallas.