ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recommend me some wax

Pug 205 gti
Iv got a titanium 172 an wanna try some new wax/sealant. Im bored of the SRP an EGP. Not really worried on the cost aslong as its not too expensive. Will be done using a rotary. Cheers

M2 / Golf GTI
Try collinite if you want a good wax not too expensive (£15 a tub or under) and lasts for a good 6 months. :cool: Other than that, waxes I would recommend are most of the stuff out of dodo juices range, try light fantastic should work good. I have a pot of poorboys natty's paste wax for light coloured cars you can buy off me if you like ha. Overall I would buy collinite as it is a good all rounder and if your not really into detailing it's not stupidly expensive!

Pug 205 gti
Try collinite if you want a good wax not too expensive (£15 a tub or under) and lasts for a good 6 months. :cool: Other than that, waxes I would recommend are most of the stuff out of dodo juices range, try light fantastic should work good. I have a pot of poorboys natty's paste wax for light coloured cars you can buy off me if you like ha. Overall I would buy collinite as it is a good all rounder and if your not really into detailing it's not stupidly expensive!

Give me a pm on what sort of coin you want for it buddy

Civic Em1, Civic Eg4
For wax, Collinite 915 or 476s, cant go wrong really. A good sealant is Chemical guys Blitz! Last ages. And for using with the polisher i used menzerna polishes, but i havent long gotton into to so im sure somebody will come by to recommend some others :)

Bumder With A Buffer
Collinite 476 is good.

Just be careful that u don't leave it on too long as it can be a git to remove.

Long lasting as well.

Megane R26
On silver, sealants work better than waxes generally speaking, as they are far more reflective, something which silver is not.

What's your budget? The Werkstat Acrylic Kit is the ideal choice, but its £55.

Megane R26
Which rotary and pads do you have?

Menz 203S on a Sonus SFX2 pad should do the trick on your car, assuming your technique is good.

Megane R26
Definitely get the Werkstat kit then, it's amazing on white and silver and very easy to use. It's also VERY durable.

Megane R26
G3 is okay for cutting, but doesn't finish down very well.

If you want a single product which finishes down well, then get Menzerna 203S. Megs 105 is another choice, but it cuts 12/10 on the Megs scale, so it can be lethal if you don't know what you're doing.

The Sonus pads are great too. Soft, but cut well and easy to control, but it sounds like you're experienced anyway.

Pug 205 gti
Cheers fella, i'll look into it. I dont really want to use g3 on the car, i use it for work vans an stuff. i'll have a look at the Menzerna an some sonus pads

Megane R26
I think Polished Bliss sell it all.

This is taken from their advice section on silver cars:

Q. WHAT IS THE BEST SEALANT OR WAX TO USE ON SOLID WHITE AND LIGHT METALLIC/PEARLESCENT COLOURS?
Many people find it difficult to achieve an excellent finish on solid white and light metallic/pearlescent colours, no matter how well they prepare their paint. This is because the lightness of tone precludes a high degree of reflectivity and thus makes it hard to achieve a finish with any real clarity and depth. Furthermore, this lack of reflectivity can also limit how wet the paint looks, as fewer highlights are shown up in the finish. However, these problems can largely be overcome by choosing a synthetic polymer sealant instead of a natural carnauba wax as the last step product. This is because sealants tend to lay down an exceptionally smooth, highly dense surface coating that reflects light far more efficiently than a microscopically rougher, less dense natural carnauba wax coating, and this can add a significant amount of wetness to the appearance of the paint, as more highlights are shown up in the finish. Moreover, the same smoothing properties also minimise any scattering of light caused by micro-structures in the surface of the paint, meaning that reflections are afforded greater clarity and depth, and that metallic and pearlescent flakes receive more transmitted light and thus appear to stand out more from the base colour (a phenomenon commonly referred to as flake pop).

Out of the various synthetic polymer sealant systems we stock, we favour the Werkstat Acrylic Kit for optimal results on solid white and light metallic/pearlescent colours. This is because it delivers an incredible level of reflectivity characterised by amazing clarity and depth, and makes metallic and pearlescent flakes stand out from the base colour more than any other product we have ever used. Indeed, on some light metallic colours we have worked on, it has literally made the flake appear to explode out of the surface of the paint when viewed in direct sunlight. Further benefits afforded by the Werkstat Acrylic Kit include terrific ease of use, even in cold and damp conditions, and excellent durability, with a single application of the three component system typically lasting for around three months on a daily driver, although this can be extended almost indefinitely if regular quick detailing is undertaken. If your budget is too small to stretch to the Werkstat Acrylic Kit, there are two alternative options worth considering. The first is Blackfire All Finish Paint Protection, which delivers an equally intense wet looking shine, albeit with a little less flake pop. The second is Poorboy's EX-P Sealant, which delivers a sharp wet looking shine with good flake pop and offers excellent value for money.

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/choosing-paint-protection.html

Bumder With A Buffer
You a rotary boy Russ??

I want to try the megs out on my DA with my menz pads but dont know if its worth it.

Megane R26
Definitely worth it mate, which Megs and pads do you have?

I've got a Chicago CP8210 from CYC (Rotary) and am adding a Festool soon (£380!!)

Bumder With A Buffer
The megs 105 you mentioned.

I saw a big thread over on DW a while ago about how to use it (think dave's thread??)

I only have menz pads at the momoneto as I like using them...apart from when they explode! :(

Megane R26
Very aggressive combo when used together, so stick to the Menz orange pad. Is it the DA suitable version of the 105 you have? They changed the formula quite early one.

It's about the best combo via DA to actually make it do something without vibrating your arm off. Go easy at first though and follow the guide. It finishes down well too, which is amazing for something with so much cut.