ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recommend Spark Plug Life? (182)

At what mileage do you guys recommend changing the plugs on a 182?
I know Renaults service durations are normally a bit long and I think they are 72k for plugs?
Mines on 66 now, and I don't think it's ever had plugs done?

Thanks.

Last edited:
  172 Race Car
had a look at the ones in my old phase 2 when it had done 54k, they were mullered. For what they cost, change them more often as Dan says

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I'm yet to understand why they do it, but the plugs on 1 and 2 seem to wear first and the tips become quite seriously eroded, but just on these cylinders

172 Race Car
I'm yet to understand why they do it, but the plugs on 1 and 2 seem to wear first and the tips become quite seriously eroded, but just on these cylinders
wasted spark mate

spark goes from tip to electrode and the other way on the opposite shared cylinder.

The platinum wears away, if they were swapped around 1 to 4 and 2 to 3, you would double their life

PFR6E-10 ?

Looking at the price I might take them out and have a ganders at them first.. There is a faint possibility they were changed. I have service stamps but not invoices.... grrr... And the belts have been done...
:)

Lionel Richie
well i know you were a nissan bum lover at one stage ;) The logical explanation i was thinking of was that the cambelt end may run leaner than the gearbox end, i always see number 2 burnt out but i still don't know why LOL

on diagnostics i've had it come up saying "misfire cly 3" when its actually 2 (on a 225)