ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Redline Shockproof gear oil - anybody use it?

RSC 182 Cup
Do you guys get Redline oils in the UK? www.redlineoil.com

I've used their Shockproof in a couple of cars with great success (improvements in shift) and was thinking about putting it in my Clio box. I was wondering if anyone had tried the Shockproof range and what viscosity they used- Superlight, Lightweight or Heavy?

http://www.redlineoil.com/products_gearlubricants.asp?categoryID=6&subCategoryID=16

IMHO it should almost be possible to get away with the Heavy - and it would provide maximum protection over the lighter grades??

The Heavy can be rated as a 75W250 Gear Oil, but has the lower internal fluid friction of an SAE 75W90. The LightWeight can be rated as a 75W140 Gear Oil, but has the lower internal fluid friction of an SAE 30 motor oil. The SuperLight can be rated as a 70W90 Gear Oil, but has the lower internal fluid friction of an ATF.

RSC 182 Cup
Have you thought about the Shockproof instead? IMHO, after using both types, it's better (and I wish I had got the Shockproof instead....) And they cost about the same. That's comparing the Shockproof Lightweight to their MT90 in a Daihatsu Feroza gearbox ("Sportrack" in the UK.)

A lot of modded WRX owners swear by the Shockproof and claim it saves their gearboxes.