ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Refurbished brake calipers by Biggred

Sprint 172
As part of my on going project to keep the car going for as long as possible (a bit like triggers broom!) I've had the front calipers refurbed by Biggred.

I've had a few caliper issues with pistons and sliders so enough was enough. I bought a set from a breaker so my car didn't have to come off the road and sent these off to Biggred. The only part they keep is the caliper castings which are stripped and re-coated in a polymer paint developed for the aviation industry which resists salt, rust, heat etc. This is their most expensive option, they also do cheap zinc plating and even cheaper powder coat. All seals, screws and pistons are replaced for new items.

I didn't want red as it looks a bit much in my opinion. Dark green was out of the question as this is for classic cars. This left mid-blue, which should look good on my Monaco 172 against the grey turninis (I hope).

Car goes into Jam-Sport next Tuesday for fitting and I'll update with pics on the car soon after.

How much I hear you cry.... Well, more than their website says thats for sure. All in, including 24 hour delivery back to me it comes out at £190 for the pair. It took 9 working days before they were back in my hands. Just waiting for the new slider kit to come - they forgot to put it in the box.

Overall I'm very happy with the service and the rears will go back to them next year. Should last another 70k with any luck!

calipers.gif

calipersnew.gif

Bus w**ker
This is on my list for next year. How come they charged your so much more than advertised though? Surely it can't have cost £60 for postage? :S

Sprint 172
This is on my list for next year. How come they charged your so much more than advertised though? Surely it can't have cost £60 for postage? :S
Price listed is £130 which is ex VAT. This however is just the caliper, the slider frame is extra! Delivery was £10. Also, just found out that it doesn't include new sliders, just the rubber boots. Thankfully I can get a set of 4 good ones from the eight I now have! Expensive, but good.

Sprint 172
As promised, a picture with the new calipers fitted. Looks good I think. Car brakes in a straight line now!
carwithnewbrakes.jpg

Red 197 & Laguna S-T
I thought i recognised the name Biggred. I don't live very far from them. About 10 mins :)