ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rehang door on a 197, wind took it out of wife's hand and it doesn't shut right

Westfield, 182, 200
The wife opened her car door yesterday and the wind ripped it out of her hand.

I heard a crunch noise, then went to shut the door and it appears to be about 3mm lower now and drags on the door catch.

Any idea if the hinges are adjustable?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Markcup iirc had a similar problem. Check his thread out. a body shop sorted it fairly cheaply for him.

The door handles are really poorly positioned on the standard cars.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Yep, wind took mine, it ended up catching/fouling the front wing on the leading edge as the door was opened/closed (stupid door handle position!!!!!).

A friend recommended a local bodyshop and some bloke with about one million years of experience spent 20 minutes with a block of wood and some rags; he placed the wood at various points in the hinge area then teased the door closed to gently bend and straighten things back out again.

It was never 100% perfect, but it no longer fouled the wing, and the panel gap was consistent - and all for only £20.

Without him I've no idea what I'd have done.

Westfield, 182, 200
Door handle is in a stupid position, the 200's are further back!

Mine doesn't catch the wing, it's as of only one hinge moved and when you shut the door you can feel the lock rubbing on the striker on the body of the car.

Tempted to jack under the door, but wondered if the hinge was adjustable by doing the nut on the hinge?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I had exactly the same happen to me a couple of weeks ago with my 182 , the wind ripped the door out of my hand . The hinges look ok , i think it might have stretched the metal check strap . I tried tightening it up , which helped a little bit , but it still catches the lock now everytime i close the door . Maybe try tightening the check strap , see if that helps .

Suzuki Jimny
Sorry for bumping an old thread but this happened to mine today. The wind was so extreme that not only is the door now fucked but my right arm is extremely sore from the door pulling it. Does the door need to come off to fix the hinge?

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
Sorry I can't help but it doesn't help renault fitted the door handles nexts to the hinges totally pointless I've had the handle come off in my hand before now too.. Hope you get this fixed not to sure if the hinges are bolted on so could be tricky [emoji53]