ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Remaps for BMW 520d - Quantum Remaps?

James Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Williams 3 / 172 Cup
Don't know if this is the right section, anyway - My dad has a 11 plate 520d (184bhp twin turbo diesel), and is looking at a re-map. He made some enquiries and ended up speaking to a bloke from AAS (Advanced Automotive Solutions), and got a quote for £299 for someone to come to our house and remap the car, using a 'Quantum tuning' map by the look of their website:

http://www.aas-tuning-midlands.co.uk/car-remapping.html

Now I'm personally skeptical about it as I would want a custom remap on a rolling road if it was my car. Is there anything to worry about here? I just dont fancy any bloke remapping my car out the back of his van.

Anyone had any experience with Quantum tuning remaps or can offer any advice, I'm really unsure if he should go for it tbh.

Have a look for evolution chips. The files I've seen on other cars(I even use them for my diesel stuff) and they've been utterly superb. Even just the generic stuff is faultless. So if you have a dealer for them locally, go for that. Kenny/stu are 2 of the biggest names in remapping industry (they run Motorsport developments in Blackpool) and all of their files are ones they've developed on their own rolling road.