ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Remote Clio Key not working

Fiesta Zetec S TDCI
Hey, my Renault Clio key has stopped working.

The only way to get in and out of my car is as follows:
1. Use key in passender door
2. Open driver door via passenger door
3.go round to drivers door - get in...

Out:
1. Shut drivers door
2. Go round to passenger side
3. Use lock button on dash
4. Get out and use key to manually lock passenger door...

Not the most convenient thing!
So, what do i need to do? (The immobiliser is still unlocking, so its still useable.) Is it a simple battery replace or likely to be a RIP key fob?
Also how do i open the battery bit on the fob?

Cheers, James

Replace the battery is the first port of call. It should tell you in the manual how to do it. Failing that just stamp on it a few times*.

*The stamping bit is a joke

Fiesta Zetec S TDCI
Hey, i replaced the battery and all seemed to be fine...

...Until 2 days later when i tried to get into the Clio - the battery was dead again...

I quickly replaced it, and hoped it was a dud battery - which is wasn't..

Are there specific batterys for the renault key or will any battery of the same type do (CR1220)

I don't want to have to shell out £150+ so i can lock my car!

Cheers, James

P.S. my original method for locking the car seems to be a bit tempremental - and leaves the boot unlocked :p - nicked my mums key for now

182 Cup
My mums goes a bit dodgy sometimes and its usually down to the little SAW Resonator on the back of the PCB inside the fob that causes the damage. It always manages to fall off no matter how many times it gets soldered back on!

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I've heard that if you put the key in the barrel all the way round the 1 with your dash lights come on you then press the button 2 times then it should recode it self i think thats right?

doesnt your centrally locking work via the key by physically locking the passenger door??

I know thats not what you asked but it should, I've had clios at work with flat batteries in the remote and been able to centrally lock and unlock the car from the passenger door lock (and the drivers door on older cars with drivers door lock)

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
The lad who i used to work for i rang him up it's happened to him, turn the key all the way rond untill all the lights come on press the button about FIVE times take the key out get out the car and it should work

Fiesta Zetec S TDCI
No, its only locks the passenger side... very strange ey? am i not turning the key properly :p?

I've put a 3rd battery in, so if this one dies, then i'm guessin it'll be a problem with the key... possibly a short-circuit or something causing a heavy power-drain? I'll try that key 're-programming' anyhow...

Cheers, James

P.S. how much are new keys inc programming etc?

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
It is abit strange, i dont know how much a new key and that is im sure some one on here will know good luck it will be something simple enough

Fiesta Zetec S TDCI
I've tried re-progamming etc, and the battery is dead again. :(

So, looks like a need a replacement blip - how much for one inc programming?