ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Remote Key Fob Programming

Renault Clio 172 Sport
Hi all,
Im in the process of purchasing a new fob for my car cause the circuit board in my current key is cattled. When i get the new key i can just transfer the circuit board over, however does anyone know how much it is to have the fob re-programmed to the alarm?
Or can you do it yourself?

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Doesn't quite make sense that...

You are buying a new key and transferring the broken parts to it, is that right ???

However,

If you mean you bought a blank key with the circuit board, then you will need to get a dealer to program it to match the car.

Renault Clio 172 Sport
Sorry I wasnt clear. Basically the remote switch inside of my current key has snapped off. Thus I cant open the car without setting the alarm off. I have bought another key which will include the circuit board etc inside the key but this is the part that needs reprogramming. So All i will need to do is put the new circuit board in my key (which is for the car) and have it re-programmed. The key ive bought wont fit my car will it, and all i require is the circuit board from inside the key.
Does that make more sense?
Does it have to be Renault that re-program my key?

you can take the blade out of the broken key and put it in the new one. probably a better way than swapping circuit boards over.

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Ah right, that makes more sense.

It will need programming, but fubArs suggestion is a better way to go about swapping bits over.

Renault Clio 172 Sport
Can I just ask without sounding silly but what part is the blade?
It was my understanding that there are 2 main parts to the key?
1) The Key itself (ignition)
2) The Fob Circuit Board (which is the Alarm part)

Renault Clio 172 Sport
Can I just ask without sounding silly but what part is the blade?
It was my understanding that there are 2 main parts to the key?
1) The Key itself (ignition)
2) The Fob Circuit Board (which is the Alarm part)

Its ok... I know now that the Blade is the key. Thanks!.

Renault Clio 172 Sport
Does anyone know if the Imobilizer is part of the circuit board?
When i called an Auto Electrician he told me i might have dropped a little microchip out of the key?? He said its strange that my car is opening with the fob but i cant start it??
Or is it just a case that the imobilizer is there but needs reprogramming? I would have thought that if the imobilizer needs reprogramming then the alarm would too????
thanks,