ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removal of rear H&Rs

Ph1 172
Ok so after getting stuck on the front and finally completing them with the help of forum members I thought i'd ask about the rears here as well :)

So I have removed the H&R springs and shocks and under the springs am left with two pieces each side.

This one which sat under the springs on top of the beam (Which I think needs to be removed?)
Photo656.gif

And this one which is on the underside of the beam (Which I think needs to stay? As once the 'Other' piece is removed this pokes through into the original spring?
Photo657.gif

Unfortunatly I cannot get the higher of the two off, its a massive size nut and I have no spanner that fits (aproz 50mm?)
Anyone have any tips of how to remove this?

(I have already undone the allen key bit in the side of the top piece)

Thanks
Tom

PH1 172
Can't see the pics at work but going by the size of the spanner you are talking about needing to get the piece off I don't think you need to take it off as I have not heard about needing a tool like that to fit the H&Rs let alone take them off

Edit: Are you selling them?

Ph1 172
I will indeed be selling them as of this weekend I should think!

There about 8/9 months old (reciept to prove) and have covered under 8k miles
And have never been on track

PM me with an offer if you fancy them!

I seem to remember fitting this piece (that i'm trying to remove).
The standard spring wont fit over it its to fat, so I assume its got to go!

Tom