ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removal of rotating collar wheel nuts

Clio 1.2 Dynamique
I've never had the front wheels of my current car off so far. I went to remove them today and found yet were extremely right, presumably over torqued by the previous owner. Also to make matters worse the key has rounded off. Has anyone got any suggestions to remove them?

thanks,

Dec

Clio 1.2 Dynamique
the issue with my locking wheel nut is that they have free to spin collars to prevent removal tools from being used. Just been to a mate of mine who owns a garage and he said he chisels the collar of and then uses the tool, so I might give this a go if/when its dry tomorrow

Clio.
Break out the mig welder for the locking wheel bolts .... Weld a nice big nut/hefty bolt to the locking wheel bolt, let the heat sink into the hub and breaker bar to remove.
Easy when you've fine one it two, I've had to do loads in the past.

Black mk2 1.2
I had the exact same problem recently I had no hope chiselling the collar off ended up doing the same and just welding a socket on and breaker bar to loosen, it's the only thing that worked for me anyway !