ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Remove center section - much louder?

My center section (after the cat) has started to rattle on overrun at 3K and 4K. Very annoying and sounds terrible. If i had this replaced with a straight through pipe would it be much louder? Can you buy bolt in replacement, or will i be looking at a weld in/sleeve option?

Thanks.

BMW M135i
It'll just me the normal 4k rattle if its the standard exhaust. New exhaust time, yes it'll be louder by a good way.

Fairly sure it is the baffles that are rattling. It is not bad enough to worry about a new exhaust just yet i think.

182 cup pack
It will be a little bit louder.

The other thing is that it might affect performance as well(but I don't know for sure so I'm not putting my hand on fire about this)

As for a direct replacement you can do your job with this part:
873313.jpg

873313 Centre pipe (alternative to 873303).
(Replace OEM centre exhaust).

Here is the site: http://www.supersprint.it/homeuk.htm

172 FF
Mine wasn't that much louder at all, just sounded deeper. I had the 4k rattle on mine & after getting fobbed off from Renault 3 times I took it to a nearby Alba tyres. They took out my middle box & welded a straight pipe in for about £60 or less.
The guy at the garage said that box is so small it probably doesn't do anything anyway. Maybe there just to change the exhaust note.