ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

remove de-cat and replace it with..

CLIO 172 CUP....
right guy.. i have a mate who works at (longlife exhaust) and as most will no thay make costom exhaust pipe. now i was telling him im wonting to get a de-cat and a straight throught middle section to match my powerflow backbox for my 172 cup as the middle section needs replacing any. now he can do me a straight throught middle section for me for £100. but he said if im going to de-cat it then he said he will just do me a striaght thought pipe. meaning remove the de-cat and just go striaght thought to the backbox. now i do no it would be louder and i would have to change it for m.o.t every year...

apart from changing it ever year and it being abit loader would this be a good idea as im thinking it has to be alot better than standed and would ther be any bhp gain.

cheers thanks...

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
f**k all bhp gain, but I gained 7 lb/ft torque at peek power without a cat, and alot of noise.

CLIO 172 CUP....
fort removing the (cat) on the 172 and going de-cat was alot better and gived it that little better performance as iv seen most on here have done. and the reason for going striaght throught with the middle section is be cause it blowing so could get that done at the same time..

monaco 172
i know alot of it is placebo effect but i recently put my cat back on and it doesnt feel as grunty at the top end.

This could however be due to the fact the cat which is on it is some crappy vortex cat that previous owner put on it, and not the renault which is meant to be very good.