ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Remove the Stripes on my RB?

RB 182
Had my RB about 3 months or so now and im not sure whether or not I like the stripes on it. I cant help thinking it would look a lot cleaner without the white stripes on it but I don’t want to take them off and then regret it as I've heard it’s a ballache to put them on.

The other issue is the car has had the stripes on it since new (although they have been replaced once due the originals peeling) so I was wondering if after 6 years I’m going to have any colour difference underneath them?
Whats peoples opinions of them?

Heres a photo of it as its stands at the moment:

DSC00551.jpg

RB 182
Yeah I think I do too.

I also dont like having to say to people that it came from Renault like that and i haven't put them on either!

Listerine & Poledo
Removing stripes will just leave you with stripes.

Just they'll be a slightly different shade of blue.

I know your pain though, my BG 172 has y0! stripez but I daren't have them taken off as they may have been put on to cover up a massive keying and, regardless, I'll still be left with stripes.

Besides, each stripe adds 15hp at the wheels ;)

RB 182
I'd rather have white stripes than slightly different shade of blue stripes.

I can share the pain with your car. I took off a nasty irmsher badge on my GSI turbo to find out it was covering a 4" scratch!

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Leave them i like them, but you need sportlines/coilovers. It is really odd how the height of standard suspension can differ so much

RB 182
Leave them i like them, but you need sportlines/coilovers. It is really odd how the height of standard suspension can differ so much

I'm not going coilovers as i'm not 17 and don't use the car on track. I will be lowering it though, probably on Sportlines. I'm also going to change the tyres to 205/45/16's (they are 195's now) when they need replacing which should close the arch gap.

That picture was taken just after i'd changed the oil and gear oil in it so it hadn't quite settled from being jacked up, but it does still look a bit too high it does have the cup packs aswell.

Imagine some look lower standard than others due to having shagged shocks / snapped springs etc.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Think of how much weight you'd save removing them! It must be at least a few grams.

Listerine & Poledo
coilovers aren't the solution to every car.

some of us like our spines and not having to come to a pace a snail would be embarrased by whenever a speed bump comes into view.

Rusty Cup
I took mine off an 05 plate back in 2008 and it left two slightly noticeable lines but i preferred the car without the stripes. If you take them off you will definitely have noticeable lines on the car.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Removing stripes will just leave you with stripes.

Just they'll be a slightly different shade of blue.

I know your pain though, my BG 172 has y0! stripez but I daren't have them taken off as they may have been put on to cover up a massive keying and, regardless, I'll still be left with stripes.

Besides, each stripe adds 15hp at the wheels ;)

172's aren't Black Gold. They're Pearl Black.

And the stripes look cack regardless of colour. Mine are long gone.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yeah, at least get it right.

Much cleaner without stripes. I know they're historical, but they make it look 'novelty', which I don't like.

Binned.

9b28ec97.jpg

Golf 7R
I'd prefer them off if it was my car, but seeing as it's not, and that it will be a ballache, just keep them on.

RB 182
That looks awesome ^ i much prefer the cleaner look but as I don really want bright patches on my bonnet either :/

Listerine & Poledo
you might be able to get them polished out?
ollieweb was telling me it could be done, but I dont trust my pearl black paintwork to hack it after 7 years of direct sunlight and general wear. I've heard the black paint is particularly thin and weak.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Nothing a few hits with a machine won't sort.

I removed the stripes from our Capsicum 133 a few months ago... worst colour ever for fading. One pass with the machine was all it took.

Listerine & Poledo
There you go then, have them gone fella.

At least you wont have anything keyed under them to worry about! :)

Listerine & Poledo
well, exactly.

THat's the problem with 2nd hand cars from garages, you dont know what the last owner was like.... well, unless it's got a CS sticker on the back or evidence of knobbery is hanging out of the rear valance / under the bonnet / uner the arches

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
well, exactly.

THat's the problem with 2nd hand cars from garages, you dont know what the last owner was like.... well, unless it's got a CS sticker on the back or evidence of knobbery is hanging out of the rear valance / under the bonnet / uner the arches

Ragged y0?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
^ perfect that (bar the plate - but thats just me)

Keep em!

But please get some Anthricite 182 alloys, them Turinins aint doing it any favours

Last edited: