ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removeable front bumper - How have you done it?

Hi,
Those folk with quick release front bumpers for loading cars onto trailers etc, can you post some pics of what you've used to fasten it and where?
Mine touches on the ramps as it is, and in due course I'd like to add a splitter so it will need to come off for loading.
Thanks

9231248A-E425-46DA-B972-EE314C5BBED7_zpsry1wzmpa.jpg

I found this on another thread.
@Chambers_RS, how did you fix the sides?
Cheers

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
My sides aren't held in by anything apart from the clips, the above pic appears to just have aero mounts above the lower grill, although the I've seen many others use aero mounts on the sides of the bumper

GCC

1.2Clio / 182!!
It takes a couple of mins to remove it normally.
I was going to say just this. Depending on how much of the undertray you have still in place it really does come down to the two side bolts and a quick tug doesn't it??

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Two bolts, and a few screws holding under tray and wheel arches to it.
can have it off in under 5 mins

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Spent 45 minutes trying to get mine off once but after a lot of scratches on my hands and even more swearing I gave up! One screw wasn't coming out for love nor money... ended up just pulling the bumper down to get to what I need to work on. Might have to give it another go though as I want to get a new splitter on there soon.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I have the same as above picture. ^^^^^ no point wasting a couple of minutes when you can have it off in less than 10 seconds :wink:.

These are a good alternative to aerocatches http://www.quik-latch.com

I've looked at this as I like the subtleness about them. My wing is f*cked and I like the idea of quick release as my car scrapes getting it on certain drives/trailers.

Have you fitted these Morgan, or know what ones to order? It'll be going on a ph1.

Cup In bits
I've looked at this as I like the subtleness about them. My wing is f*cked and I like the idea of quick release as my car scrapes getting it on certain drives/trailers.

Have you fitted these Morgan, or know what ones to order? It'll be going on a ph1.

I haven't fitted them personally but I have seen a lot of race cars use them now for extra security in more intricate places. @Russ Rallye fitted some to his boot about two months ago or so if you want to look up his project thread. Also there is quite a few videos on the net for them.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks Dan. I've just bought a new (well second hand) wing with the fixing clips intact sonim going to attempt to fix it as it should. Failing that, I'll be purchasing these.

Archtects

ClioSport Club Member
  Z34 370z Nismo
Sorry to bump this but has anyone ever used
Bolt Loop Rings? Mines not a race car but front bumper wobbles a bit and the screws that go into the bumper from the arch arent holding anything. Just want a cheap ish fix. Anyone done it?

Stuiemc

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi RS3, Clio 172
Fair Enough might have to get some sorted.

Thanks @JamesBryan Yeah I've still got plenty black and a couple sets of silver. They look much more professional than them JDM style bands and probably do a much better job with them being mounted to the chassis.

Archtects

ClioSport Club Member
  Z34 370z Nismo
Thanks @JamesBryan Yeah I've still got plenty black and a couple sets of silver. They look much more professional than them JDM style bands and probably do a much better job with them being mounted to the chassis.

Do like a bit of JDM
But ye I'll look into it soon, I have some other bits on my list that are more important first off. Atm I've got a new screw into the arch on the underside. It's holding atm.

Archtects

ClioSport Club Member
  Z34 370z Nismo

Do like a bit of JDM
But ye I'll look into it soon, I have some other bits on my list that are more important first off. Atm I've got a new screw into the arch on the underside. It's holding atm.

Cullen

ClioSport Club Member
Do you lot remove the crash plastics behind the bumper?
My front bumper is completley gutted removed anything not needed, you will need to make a small bracket up tho so the middle of the bumper doesn't sag but that can be done with a bit a plate and a bolt and nut bolted on the crash bar

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
My front bumper is completley gutted removed anything not needed, you will need to make a small bracket up tho so the middle of the bumper doesn't sag but that can be done with a bit a plate and a bolt and nut bolted on the crash bar
I've gutted it now and used 4 pins in the same was as @1985michael182 has above. Well pleased with the outcome and removed all sag from the bumper