ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing a CUP Steering wheel..

Liquid yellow R26 F1
I Need tom remove the Steering Wheel, so i can reposition it as it's slightly off line..(not tracking related..).

The issue is the airbag.. do i need to disconect it first, disconnect the battery, etc..?

Thanks.

James

BMW 330D
Disconnect the car battery, leave it say half an hour so that the airbags discharge. I would recommend you disconnect the airbag computer (found below your cup holder and cigarette lighter.The airbag has two clips on the back of the steering wheel ( i use a screwdriver to get them of the part of the steering wheel. There is then two connectors on the airbag which again you will need a screwdriver to remove. To remove the steering wheel you will need a T50 screwhead

Liquid yellow R26 F1
funnily enough its the same was as removing a 172 / 812 steering wheel, odd that.

LOL.. i see nothing has changed on here then.. BTW Cups are far better than 172's and 812's.. so there..!!! that should resart the usual debate.. :)

What is a 812 then..? PMSL..

everyone else.. cheers for the info..

am very tempted to put my Sparco suede wheel on, but will then i'll lose the passenger airbag as well.. very frustrasting having it off centre.. especially when really travelling on the lanes..

172, Tiguan
James, a decent place should be able to do a four wheel tracking service that will straighten the steering wheel for you. All they need to do is adjust both track rod ends as opposed to one that most places just do.

There is a good place in East Grinstead I used to use that did it for £26 I think. Bound to be somewhere nearer this way.

Ignore the idiots - your right, this place never changes.

Lee

BMW M2C
James, a decent place should be able to do a four wheel tracking service that will straighten the steering wheel for you. All they need to do is adjust both track rod ends as opposed to one that most places just do.

There is a good place in East Grinstead I used to use that did it for £26 I think. Bound to be somewhere nearer this way.

Mine was slightly out on the Trophy at first. I was told that Jon. The gaps on the steering column spline are too far apart to make small adjustments, the only way is to adjust the track rods.

Liquid yellow R26 F1

cheer Jon. will probably do it myself.. at least it'll be straigt then..

CUPS still rule though.. BTW you missing yours..? :)

Liquid yellow R26 F1

Mine was slightly out on the Trophy at first. I was told that Jon. The gaps on the steering column spline are too far apart to make small adjustments, the only way is to adjust the track rods.

great.. will see what happens.. thanks

172, Tiguan
Always miss it mate.

Once the new thing is done it'll be almost there though - not sure it'll be finished by the 18th though.

Megane R26
Didn't think you could adjust the wheel. When changing mine over, the spline has 3 notches that have to line up.