ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing baked on Brake dust???

V6 255 Illiad Blue
What's the best thing for getting brake dust off your alloys? I've tried wonder wheels and all that crap from car shops but it's useless.
It must be something to do with me being a little too heavy on the brakes but thats not gonna change.

Someone said road film remover slightly diluted and applied to wet wheels and lightly scrubbed should do the trick but where do you get it?

Anyone else got wonder cures?

V6 255 Illiad Blue
:D

I thought about having a slah on the wheels after a night on the sambvca but thought it'd probably rot the tyres that cost me £600 two weeks ago :):)

Civic Type-R
I did my wheels this wkend (Thanks Chris k)!!! First I washed them down to get all the mud and crap off them. Then I used AG Clean Wheels (used quite a bit), left that on for about 4minutes then I used an old toothbrush :eek: and scrubbed all the brake dust off using it (with the AG still on the wheels). Suprising how much came off. Then washed them down again and then rinsed them off with some water and job done. Pretty much all the brake dust came off!! Hope this helps :)

106 GTi
If Wonder Wheels is not touching it there is not many more stronger acid based wheel cleaers out there.

Maybe look into Meguiars Wheel Brightner and also try and see if claying will shift it.

AG trade acidic based wheel cleaner - 5-7 times stronger than anything available in High St, bloody vicious though

106 GTi
W5 CUP said:
does clay really work on wheels as going to try it at the weekend..

It removes bonded on debris off the wheels as it does on the bodywork yes.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
FredYozzasport said:
Fairy Power Spray, i swear by it (seriously!)

this is the truth!!!, i tried it, there is nowt better for removing baked on brake dust, tried t on 3 or 4 sets off alloys and they come up mint!!! :approve: