ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing deep scratches on a bg

monaco 172
Got quite a few scratches on my drivers side from careless people.

Tried all sorts of polish and waxes but they are just too deep.

Will it look a complete **** up if I masked it up and gave a very light spray of black gold rattle can over it and then polish it to try and blend it?

Yep.

Would need the lacquer rubbing off first and the area prepared for the paint. Then re-laquered over afterwards.

monaco 172
Well the scratches are like White so I assume all the paint has been removed so polishing it won't improve?

How much would i be talking for a proper job done?

monaco 172
There's one about 30cm on the rear quarter, and 2 on the front wing about 5cm each which really annoy me.

Front wing would potentially mean bonnet and bumper and door "blowing" in, so could be costly. Same with the 3/4 I'm afraid.

Can only suggest that you get in touch with more than one bodyshop to get an idea on pricing and quality of work chap.

clioMk1 RSi & Scenic
if thts to expensive then u could go to halfrauds n get a touch up pen kit, use it then giv the area a good t-cut n wax afterwards, it WONT be perfect but it will be better disguised

Clio 1.2/Lotus Metro
Like most people have already said your looking at painting the whole side to be honest plus blending bumpers and possibly bonnet. The door would have to been done anyways consider your painting the wing and 1/4 panel else it would stand out

Your definitly looking about £300 - £350 ish, I don't do estimates at our place but thats probably a rough quote.

You would need to use filler the scraches will sand out.

Clio dCi65 Dynamique
Try a touch-up pen first, they are cheap enough & there wont be a more obvious colour difference... have two deep scratches on my car, hardly noticable now unless I look for them?

They only stand out because you know they are there... ;)

Dodgy one
Take it somewhere to be looked at, it could be flatted and polished, being White doesn't necessary mean its through, are the scratches in the middle of the panel?

You'd be looking £350-400 for the two panels painted

Where abouts are you?

Last edited:
  Golf GTD Mk7
a good detailer could touch it up, wet sand and polish and it will hide it. Saves you spending 300quid plus

Static Low
id deffo try and find someone who will flatten and polish it for you first. Then you might just be left with a little touching into do or something to help take the eye off it. Depends how fussy you are really. The amount of scratches ive done though and thought.. not gonna come out or its just not going to look any better, and ive been left very surprised. I have to do it at work every single day without fail.