ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing Flie's off front bumper

Anyone kno of any good way of removing them ? they do put me off the front ov the car alot when i see the marks theve done :dapprove:

Thanks

:)

bmw m3
i foam the car through the autobrite lance using a citrus foam leave to dwell for 5-10mins then PW off they just fall off easily HTH

106 GTi
Lay a warm damp microfiber on them for a few mins to soften them up, normal wash mitt and shampoo should then do the trick.

On well waxed/sealed paintwork I have never needed anything else.

Monaco Ph2 172
try Auto Glym Intensive Tar Remover.
Good stuff that

After using all these useless 'Bug Remover' sprays, I tried that stuff last week on the flies and it shifted them surprisingly easyly without marking the paint or anything. :)

106 GTi
Just means you need to re-wax or seal the paintwork after use though as it strips of any protection on the paint at the same time.

A well built VW
Only one i have used is Einszett Anti Insect + Pre-Cleaner and its good

http://www.einszett.co.uk/products_einszett_precleaner.htm

• Like a 'pre-treatment' for your paintwork prior to washing.

• Makes removing bugs, sap and grime from paintwork quick and easy without the use of harsh, wax-stripping chemicals or aggressive bug sponges.

Anti-Insect contains special cleaners which loosens insects and grime from paintwork, chrome, glass, rubber and plastic gently and safely without harsh chemical solvents which remove wax and polish from the paintwork. Eliminates the need for aggressive, surface-scratching bug sponges. Simply spray on surface, allow to work for 3 minutes then hose off. Formula does not contain enzymes, which can irritate skin, is biodegradable, formalin-free, and environmentally safe.

CWG

Subaru Impreza
Just out of interest for people suffering from road kill on the front of their cars

I would like 5 volunteers to try out a new product i have available to me

it will come in a handy 500ml spray bottle pre cut from its neat form

All you do is spray on front of car / windscreen / mirrors etc where the road kill is situated leave for 2-3 mins and power wash off or rinse off with a hose.

If you would like to try this free of charge and then post up your findings i'd appreciate it very much (with pics if possible of before , during and after shots) The more road kill on the front the better

To take up this chance please pm me or post on here why i should choose you (i will then choose 5 people from random to test this out for me) or send or post a pic of your heavily riddled road kill front end

Cheers
Craig

A well built VW
Just out of interest for people suffering from road kill on the front of their cars

All you do is spray on front of car / windscreen / mirrors etc where the road kill is situated leave for 2-3 mins and power wash off or rinse off with a hose.

If you would like to try this free of charge and then post up your findings i'd appreciate it very much (with pics if possible of before , during and after shots) The more road kill on the front the better

To take up this chance please pm me or post on here why i should choose you (i will then choose 5 people from random to test this out for me) or send or post a pic of your heavily riddled road kill front end

Cheers
Craig

Damn i just washed mine at the weekend and it would have been ideal done some serious mileage of late and we all know Scottish flies are bigger and make more mess could have done a side by side on the Einzsett stuff i normally use

Cheers
Craig

I'm interested in trying that! I have been for a few spirited drives recenlty and my front end is now covered in death :(

^ il go through some backroads tonight, and get as much flies as i can on the front even some sheep if ur lucky :p haha,

new bumper on the way so could test it out for you.

330ci sport
Prevention is the best cure, if you keep the front end well protected with a decent wax, warm soapy water should be enough to soften and remove fly splatter from your car.

Failing that i've found Poorboys Bug Squash to be very effective. It does strip wax however so a top will be required afterwards.

Matt

CWG

Subaru Impreza
Prevention is the best cure, if you keep the front end well protected with a decent wax, warm soapy water should be enough to soften and remove fly splatter from your car.

Failing that i've found Poorboys Bug Squash to be very effective. It does strip wax however so a top will be required afterwards.

Matt

This product i have will not strip the wax on your car it is totally wax safe

theduckeatspork - pm me your address and i'll send a sample out after the weekend
same for you Big Yin

05 IO 182 cup
get the paintwork sealed with a good wax - see Matt7 for more info !!! and when you next wash your car, the little buggers wont be able to hold on for long !!! easy !!