ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

removing front bumper strips on mk2 clio

clio dci 80
hi everyone had a little bump in black ice last friday which has done no damage apart from the drivers side bumper strips (black) i can see you can get a
new set three piece from ebay fairly cheap but just wondered how you get the olds one off etc many thanks in advance richard

If I'm correct, they're held on by tiny little clips which are fairly easy to snap off with too much force. to remove them carefully, you would be best to remove the bumper, unclip the strips and then re-clip in the new ones, just to be sure none of the old trim is broken off in the holders etc.
So best idea would be a bumper-off job i'd say. i think it's a few plastic rivets and a few torx screws.

1.2 clio
Taking off the bumper is the only way around it. I done this to spray them when I had a 1.2 thought I'd put a screw driver And a knife between the gap to ping it out only went and bent the bumper more :/. You will do more damage any other way sorry to say mate

clio dci 80
cheers guys many thanks for the input i will try to get the bumper off is there a guide to help and not to big of a job many thanks again

1Berg2
Depend if you want them afterwards.

When I changed them for new genuine ones on the ex's car I ripped the old ones off.

Brute force is your friend!

Renault clio 172
I helped my mate change one on his back bumper and we didn't really want to take it off but we quickly found it was way way easier just to take it off as we did not have enough room to work with the pin things holding the dam thing on it also made it easier to put the new one on

clio dci 80
hi guys i thought bugger it have a go today and see if come off and they do come off without the bumper coming off i carefully put a flat handle screw driver in and it popped out and nothing snapped so cheers everyone for the input