ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing Rear beam bushes

Clio 182
Okay so I've got a rear beam to go on my car, and some new bushes for it. My problem is they are absolute @&£@ers to get out! I've tried striking them with a hammer and using a suitable 'drift' and a hammer and no such luck! So my question is, anyone got these out and back in without a press or tool? Or can you point me in the direction of a suitable tool?

thanks in advance
Dan

phase 1 flamer 172
Never looked exactly how the clio bush,s fit but have used a length of studding for similiar jobs before i got my little press.

Clio 182
Yeah I was thinking the same thing but I haven't got anything big enough to go around the bush, may have to have a scout around at work for some scaffolding poles or something

In my very limited experience I'd say you're better off with a proper bush removing tool.

I had to do mine for the MOT and ended up borrowing the right tool from a local garage after spending ages with a hammer and then a vice.