ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing rear windows/screen?

ph1 172
I've managed to persuade the painter where I work to respray my car for free if I do all the prep work myself.

I'll be starting this tomorrow. Just wondering what's the best way to remove the rear quater and rear windows?

Is it just a matter of stanley knife and replace seals when refitting?

Thanks

CLIO PH1 172
I would also be intrested to know if the rear window is easy anough to remove and replace as mine is scrathed and i have a spare lid with mint glass in it !

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Can you not just mask around them? I've just taken the three front windows out of mine for paint, rear three seem too much hassle without risking breaking one or all of them :(

Edit* just read your stanley knife comment-good luck trying with that, lol :p

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I've managed to persuade the painter where I work to respray my car for free if I do all the prep work myself.

I'll be starting this tomorrow. Just wondering what's the best way to remove the rear quater and rear windows?

Is it just a matter of stanley knife and replace seals when refitting?

Thanks

I've been told it's a tough job, and you ideally need a window fitter to remove them :dapprove: