ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing slam panel?!

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
Im taken my bumper off and need to get my rad out to change it, but how do you remove the slam panel? iv taken 4 bolts out form the top but it now seems to be connected further down with 2 bolts that are inaccessible?!

172/1.2/E30
2 bolts on the beam in front of the radiator. Just loosen them and you can pull the panel out to the top.

330i. E30 Touring.
As above. 2x 13mm's on the engine bay side of the front bumperbeam. You'll need a ratchet spanner/spanner to get in there.

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
No need to take them all the way out just loosen them and the slam panel will lift out

E46 M3
Don't do what I did! If you use a ratchet spanner don't undo them too far or you get to a point where the spanner is tight up agaisnt the rad so you can't get it out and you can't screw the bolt back in because of the ratchet mechanism.

Took me ages to get it out!

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
Don't do what I did! If you use a ratchet spanner don't undo them too far or you get to a point where the spanner is tight up agaisnt the rad so you can't get it out and you can't screw the bolt back in because of the ratchet mechanism.

Took me ages to get it out!

that made me lol!

330i. E30 Touring.
PMSL. Just undo the rad upper mounts and you should have been able to move the rad enough to wiggle it out.

SQ5
I done my missus rad and just bent the cross part out the way, soon bent back into the place it needed too ;)