ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing vinyl stripes

RB 182 (Cup Pack)
Once again, apologies if this has been covered a million times - I couldn't be bothered wading through pages of search results.

Anyway - removing stripes. Mine are knackered on the roof of my RB 182, and I think it's time to be done with them. Is this just a hairdryer job, or is there anything else I need?

​Cheers,

Civic Type R FN2
Easy to do mate, either let the sun do the work on a hot day, or aim a hairdryer over the area you want to strip. Then even get your credit card to lift a corner and work your way along. Once it's all off you may be really unlucky and have a load of glue left behind. You'll need any kind of alcohol or genuine softer glue cleaning product to remove the glue and use a clean rag. Just go easy on the pressure you don't want to risk your lacquer and paint if using hard stuff, just in case.

Now I don't know how well Renault slapped the lacquer on the roofs, but there's a nice remote chance you can pull it all off with the vinyl. Seen it happen before. It's a horror story in the vehicle wrapping industry!

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Autosmart Tardis is the king of removing sticky substances. Can get it from Auto Rocket on Ebay for a few quid. It really is spot on.