ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing window tints?

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Currently the M3 has gangsta window tints. Now, as im not a small time Asian drug dealer, i would like to remove them ...

As such, i have purchased the following:

Tardis tar remover stuff
Acetone Nail Polish Remover
A window cleaner razor blade thingy
0000 Wire wool

Is there anything i will need, bar patience?

BMW 330ci
I done it just heat up a corner to get something to grab on to. Then slowly pull it all off, I found it too work best without heating all the tints up just the first bit. Then it will come off in one piece. Then you've just got to remove the residue left over, I just used window cleaner, and a bit of turps. Hope ive helped in anyway mate.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
The hotter you get them, the easier they are to remove. (I don't mean scorch them so they turn to mush mind you!)

No need for the wire wool Dave. As above, hair drier, blade to lift the corner, Tardis on a cloth to remove the residue.

Be aware that Tardis will harm leather, so be careful.

Once done, air the car and clean the windows with a window cleaning chemical.

I never use any chemicals especially things as strong as tardis etc, I just get a corner of the film off using heat gun, peel all off and then blade and soapy water sprayed on and it has always worked perfectly :)

clio 182
I took mine off last week, best thing i have done to my car! I got all back windows off in under 30mins! i was expecting it to be hard work so was very happy..i believe they had been on around 2 years. i used a hair dryer to get started then just gently peeld them. Good luck and i hope it is as easy for you as mine!