ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault 5 GT Turbo project pics .. updated

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
fit original sakura's

f158e40fgo2.jpg

would be a hero forever...

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
difficult to say which would be best.Some of those wheels pictured would make it look like a lolerskate.

Be such a shame to waste a mint car with crap wheels...

difficult to say which would be best.Some of those wheels pictured would make it look like a lolerskate.

Be such a shame to waste a mint car with crap wheels...

I thought the same, not interested in those type of wheels... or the Euro look. I wouldnt spoil it.. the standard 13's arent going anywhere. I was just looking for some 'now and again play time wheels'.

Thanks mate, but not a big fan of those... would be interested to know what these wheels are? if anyone knows the model.

wheels.jpg

look like borbet C's to me

borbet-c.jpg

I'd prefer a cross-spoke pattern like some of the wheels on the previous page but they're certainly an improvement on the other set you've got IMO.

I thought they were Borbets.. but the ones I've seen before had more of a dish edge to them. Cheers. I like the look of them on the car.

That tungsten one has way too much poke going on at the rear. If you're cutting the bodykit about then you're doing it wrong.

Out of curiousity , When i had a R5 Turbo i was forever repairing it . Does your one give you any problems & what BHP is it ?

Ta

I've had 5 of these, and only 1 of them was a pain but I drove it like a hooligan...and I was running 25psi in that thing, so not surprising really. I think the difference is how much power your running, you can wack the boost up and get as much power as you want, but I'm not really into that anymore. Running around 18psi approx 170-180bhp. Turning it up is cool for a while but I'm happy enough without losing my licence.

On a side note, I'm now planning on trimming the back half of the interior this summer now the front is all sorted... planning on finishing it in grey Suede and carbon trim.. shouldnt take me too long once I get started...as I've had enough practice with the other bits I've already done.. (but it always sounds easy but i like to take my time and do it right)

How it is at the moment..

carbon-1.jpg

..the masking tape was on the dash as I was in the middle of making these... just got to fit the remote red buttons on them and re-fit.

carbonpodscomplete1.jpg

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
u realise the harnesses at that angle is really dangerous dont you?? if you crash hello compressed spine... they are supposed to be mounted shoulder height... 90 degrees to your back...

u realise the harnesses at that angle is really dangerous dont you?? if you crash hello compressed spine... they are supposed to be mounted shoulder height... 90 degrees to your back...

Thanks for the advice malice, I know your trying to help. I spoke to a couple of guys (3 different guys) that race professionally (and race there own cars the same way) who have said its perfectly fine where its mounted at 45 degree or I would have changed it.. but I do appreciate it, thanks for the info.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
just going on fia rules matey, i have ran mine similar but have a harness bar on the way that puts them horizontal :)

just going on fia rules matey, i have ran mine similar but have a harness bar on the way that puts them horizontal :)

Oh, I hear you.. there may well be certain rules regarding the F.I.A :) I wont be needing to enter any racing events soon with my granny shifting.

Thanks mate.. :) I'm being a bit more sensible lately.. havent put any clown wheels on the car and its all back to black in that dept. I want to do the rear trim as tastefully as I can.. I liked the bare metal for a few years, but now feeling a matching trim would look a bit more tasteful and finish it off better than it does now.. time will tell lol.

Thats sooo nice! Would you ever sell??

Thanks djw, probably once I have spent more money on it.. usually finish the complete car from top to bottom before I ever sell them.. going by past history.

Gradually getting the parts together that I need.

I saw something that I thought would fit in with the rest of the trim at demon tweeks..

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Search.do?method=delegate&n=1913&b=2&g=0&p=116348&s=sparco+footrest
and gave it a try.. thought it was better than a rubber mat :lol:

carbonsparcofootplate.jpg

carbonside1.jpg

carbonfront.jpg

Clio 182 Turbo
totally BEAUTIFUL, makes me miss my old renault 5's tho!! :-( and look what the guy who brought my tungy grey 5 done to it!! makes me cry!!!

181717_10150422720015107_515820106_17482617_6035140_n.jpg

185902_10150422734495107_515820106_17482792_3215429_n.jpg

181937_10150422719815107_515820106_17482615_2082673_n.jpg

So as you can imagine very jealous, did you go to the RTOC national day??

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
zonda did you ever see james wildays r5gtt?? he spent like 35k on it and then sold it to get in to rx7's but his r5 went to his mate who had the body acid dipped etc with a full metal restore should be on the road soon i was told on the weekend :)

zonda did you ever see james wildays r5gtt?? he spent like 35k on it and then sold it to get in to rx7's but his r5 went to his mate who had the body acid dipped etc with a full metal restore should be on the road soon i was told on the weekend :)

Hey malice, prob not.. sounds nice though there are some great ones about, if he was on RTOC I wouldnt have seen it.

Had one i meant to post before.

my5carbonage.jpg

Need some help guys.. before I reach the point of no return on designing & deciding on the rear speakers and trim (speakers fitted flush into the suede trim). I would like to know..is it frowned upon fitting seperate componant speakers in the back? I like the separates... but could also go the Co-axial speaker route if that would be less foolish? I'm going with Focal speakers as they seem to offer good quality sound and the reviews looked good. I have everything I need to trim, but havent fitted anything like this before so would be helpful to have your advice. Everything is super lightweight fiberglass covered in suede.. and also designed to be easily removable but fitted super neat with hidden screws etc, and securly at the same time.

Finally got around to having a bit of fun with the speaker panels.. still didnt do as much as I liked and didnt get around to fitting the tweeter...which will be flush mounted next to this one.

Trimmed the panel in suede and it came out well and it fitted like a glove in its new home.. Still the other panels needed to do to connect to this one and some carpet up the wheel arches and back of the boot and the floor.. and other bits needed.. but its good to get it rolling.. the speaker covers need painting as they came in this colour..(so will look more part of the trim)

speakerfitted.gif

fittedpanel1.gif

rightpodin01.gif

Added a bit of coding around the sun roof as well.. would like to trim the sun visors sometime.. I did a bit more but forgot to take any pics..

sunroof.jpg