ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault 5 GT Turbo project pics .. updated

Thanks for all the help and idea's with my uncertainty... its been good to get your thoughts on this. I'll put the decals on 1st and then come up with something after that.. but seems the decals are the prize winners to start off.. cheers peoples.. enjoy the weekend! ;)

iv had a few 5gts over the years, but none as close to bein how clean this is. stunnin

Thanks Dan! I've had my fair share... kept having re-occurring nightmares after selling my last one.. waking up and realising it wasnt a dream I really had sold it! lol so had to have one last bash at one again... this is deff it now and why I have gone to town on it to get it out my system... so I can live a normal life again ;)

Just a back shot... theres a fine line in being tastefull or chavving these cars up...so you have to be carefull and know when to stop..
dash002.jpg

Thanks for your feedback on the red decals guys it was the right decision, they're now fitted and back where they belong.. think it gives it back its 80's look... which is why I love these in the 1st place for there retro looks.. loved driving it today.

oct2009005.gif

oct2009000.jpg

5reddecs.gif

LY 200
f**king fantastic mate - Must've cost an absolute fortune to get to that but what a project all the same!

Love the seats especially.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
looks so much better with decals on - its nice to see a 5 thats body perfect to the original, I keep looking around to find some perfect wheels for it now :)

Think something from the renault family wheel wise would complete it if it was mine although the ones you have on are growing on me.

f**king fantastic mate - Must've cost an absolute fortune to get to that but what a project all the same!

Love the seats especially.

Cheers Jay, oh yeh.. unfortunatley it has got a bit costly.. have heard of some guys toys costing enough to buy a small house so not as bad as some. Thanks :)

Stunning! Absolutely Stunning!

Cheers Ali.. whats your opinion on the alloys? any thoughts? open to suggestions.. I cant think of any that havent already been done before and dont want to copy anyone elses.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Clio 197 + Mrk 3 DCI
wow....what a car! :approve:

I bet it shifts! Love everything about it, nice colour, wheels look fantastic on it.

looks so much better with decals on - its nice to see a 5 thats body perfect to the original, I keep looking around to find some perfect wheels for it now :)

Think something from the renault family wheel wise would complete it if it was mine although the ones you have on are growing on me.

Haha... thanks Daz, I am open to your ideas mate. I cant think of any that will suit the car other than the wheels I have had before (standard clio 16v alloys) and I foudn them a bit common on these cars... also had some Oz alloys on another one of these so done that already. Send me some ideas will be interesting to see what you would choose. Cheers. (sensible ideas lol.. no 13" spinners) ;)

wow....what a car! :approve:

I bet it shifts! Love everything about it, nice colour, wheels look fantastic on it.

Ah... where have you been... thats one vote to keep them! ;) cheers PB!

:)

The drive is spot on now, its got koni adj. all round and they are just right for the road I have them set on max firm setting.. you dont knock your teeth out when you hit a pot hole but it just clings on like sh!t to a rug when cornering.. the wheels also being 15's play a large part in this as I tried the standard wheels not long ago for a change and it was lethal! lol. A while ago I bought a full set of Gaz coilovers from K-Tec but they have remained in their box.. not sure I will ever try them now.. at the time I felt I wanted a firmer ride but I dont think it would be fun if it was for just road use.

I have the adj. camber bolts and full poly bush kit fitted as well as its been lowered so it still corners spot on. The performance is pretty instant... you hit 90mph in a blink of an eye... it is easy to lose your licence in this. I dont go over that speed often.. but it seems to pull even harder when you go up another gear after that if theres an open road ahead! I dont want to get a ban just at the moment.

I am more into short blasts upto that kind of speed and then back off again when its safe to do so... by then most cars have disappeared in the mirror anyway (if they are tail gating). I never have been a top speed fan in any of the cars I have had but its effortless and doesnt even feel like you need to use full throttle to disappear into the distance. Its great fun to drive :)

cheers.

Clio 197 + Mrk 3 DCI
Ah... where have you been... thats one vote to keep them! ;) cheers PB!

:)

I never have been a top speed fan in any of the cars I have had but its effortless and doesnt even feel like you need to use full throttle to disappear into the distance. Its great fun to drive :)

cheers.

Ive only noticed the thread yesterday, glad I did though. Yeah the wheels look spot on, Im not usualy a fan of aftermarket wheels, but those really suit. good match in colour and they sit very nicely.
Im with you on the top speed thing. Getting to 100 in the quickest of quick is more important to me than going over 100.

Would love to see this bit of kit someday. Good work and Thanks for sharing!

CBR1000RR Fireblade
i have sat and read through the entire thread. your car is mint and is really something special. you can really tell that a lot of money/blood/sweat/tears has gone into this project.

i dont know what you were thinking with those wheels though, i cant understand why you would restore to a car to an amazing high standard and fit those wheels?

put the standard ones back on!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Cheers Ali.. whats your opinion on the alloys? any thoughts? open to suggestions.. I cant think of any that havent already been done before and dont want to copy anyone elses.

Only a yr late on reply...Wheels...Hummm ok, prefer is on turbines!!! Other than that, flawless!!

i have sat and read through the entire thread. your car is mint and is really something special. you can really tell that a lot of money/blood/sweat/tears has gone into this project.

i dont know what you were thinking with those wheels though, i cant understand why you would restore to a car to an amazing high standard and fit those wheels?

put the standard ones back on!

Hey Gouldy, I did mean to post up the pics I took with the originals back on.. these were taken more recent than the others (I like to change them around, I have a new set still in boxes and new tyres I havent fitted and may never fit, I'm pretty bad at making decisions) I'm getting some new engine work done over this winter so come the spring time it will be ready to roll again... thats one reason to look forward to the summer.

Thanks for everyone elses replies sorry this was a bit late!

sidespeedlines2010.jpg

speedlinesmarch2010sideview.jpg

speedlinesonmarch2010.jpg

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I take it that was just rolled out of the garage.

How dare you get those tyres wet...lol

I take it that was just rolled out of the garage.

How dare you get those tyres wet...lol

haha.. :D yeh, they didnt get too cold ater I took the pic! it went back in the warm again.

I just wanted to make some snow tread patterns..

snow1.jpg

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Had this been featured yet...For originality the 13's win it. But they're not the nicest looking! Turbs and be done with it!

Had this been featured yet...For originality the 13's win it. But they're not the nicest looking! Turbs and be done with it!

no, havent been into getting any features.. I have been emailed to have it featured but wasnt interested.

I've never been interested in features in any of my project cars, always said that I would get this one featured eventually when its all finished.. but i'll end up selling it before its finished.. lot of guys thought it was finished before i had even started the engine or interior as I spent so much time getting the underside, suspension, brakes, body work and panels, seals, glass, and everything that bolts on replaced.. theres always things I want to improve. After saying that, the car scene hasnt been my main priority for some time now.. just having the final few bits that I've had in boxes fitted now and that will be me all done for this little one.

Not a 320d
I think youve made a cracking job and i do like it, but at the same time, i think youve ruined what was a mint 5. I think its a real shame.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Calm down it's only the wheels FFS! As soon as you touch as car it's no longer original/concourse! Thats not nor was ever the angle with this car.

What have you still got to do mate! Would be a pity to sell, i reckon it's worth more to you than it ever would be to sell!

Calm down it's only the wheels FFS! As soon as you touch as car it's no longer original/concourse! Thats not nor was ever the angle with this car.

What have you still got to do mate! Would be a pity to sell, i reckon it's worth more to you than it ever would be to sell!

Hey Ali. haha.. your right... everything on the outside of the car was bought/replaced new from Reanult...from all the lights, indicators, bumper strips, decals, proffesionally refurbed 13" , fogs, chip and scratches removed all over, wipers, window catches, new glass.. and quite a bit more.. it couldnt be any more factory to look at.. this is the reason I love these cars because of there original looks.

The 15" wheels dont stay on there, I swap them around a lot... I like the change in feel and it just makes it a new driving experience.. I like going back to 13's afterwards as its just like having a completely factory looking car again.

The standard cloth interior was clean in standard trim but it was very worn.. after 20 years the cushions and cloth make you feel like your sitting in your grandads old dusty chair, its really transformed the way it feels to sit inside it and drive now with the leather and seude trim.. I couldnt be happier with how the seats have transformed the way the car feels. The good news is, I have kept all the standard seats and the original trim and dials, steering wheel.. so everything is stored so nothing has been thrown away, its just a matter of choice/ preference to choose what to have. Its good to have the choice but I will be sticking with this one haha :)

The car was never concourse, when I bought it..it was very clean and rust free but it needed work with small dents and chips and worn out parts and scuffed wheels.. (underneath all the brake lines...disks...calipers.. etc (the list is endless as its everything) so its only this condition because I made it this way.. so it hasnt been spoilt its been transformed with lots of money and lots of time :) just so a few guys didnt think I bought it concourse, I wish!

thanks for all ur replies again guys! :)