ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

renault 6 disc changer

tiTTy & SV650

They were standard in the 172 I believe, whats involved in wiring one up to my 182?

Anyone know what renault charge for one?

I fancy the reno one cause itll fit snugly under my passenger seat.

Cheers, Rory

Very easy to install, just stick the cd chanager under the seat and hide the wiring round to the back of the dash etc then remove the head unit and plug the cd changer in and it will work.

Renault charge £300 I think.

Unless you can find a Clio one for sale on a forum etc you wont be able to get any aftermarket ones to fit. The only way to get a Cd changer from another manurfacturer to work is to buy a new head unit as well.

i used my changer from my old cup (won on ebay , cost me £56 for cable and changer !!bargain) , and also used the old cable, just run the cable down from the head unit down side of dash,then down the side of the centre console to under the drivers seat, its very easy it took me 10 minutes, getting one second hand though will take you alot longer, and the cable is £85 on its own from renault, you can pick up changers on ebay

clio sport 172

there are 3 different types of reno 6 disc changers too!!! (just thought id throw a spanner in the works!) i think they work with different head units!

Dan

Quote: Originally posted by dannyh172 on 20 February 2005

there are 3 different types of reno 6 disc changers too!!! (just thought id throw a spanner in the works!) i think they work with different head units!
There are diffferent cd changers Renault sell there the factory ones as fitted to 172/182 when they were standard etc.

Then theres the ones the dealers buy and fit when you opt for them when you buy a dynamique etc. Since dealers dont want to pay Renault and due to a few laws they have the options of other types these ones are often the ones with an unusaly cable.

The cd changers will fit any Clio head unit even if it has a tape player or a cd player the rear plug in is still there to attach a CD changer.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid

hmm that may explain why i have a sony one when i expected an alpine jobby when i picked the car up

ITB'd 172 POPTART

There are wires under both the passengers and drivers seats in my 172 mk2. . . . . is that where the cd changers connect into??

Sorry to hijack post

CraiG

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3

the wires under your seats will be for the pre-tensioners and airbags craig ed