ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault are a rip off!!

Foz

slammed clio mk1
Just rang up for a new rear badge, the bit that says clio, mine snapped tryin to take it off the other day. Said it would be £15!! Dunno if thats with VAT or not I just said cheers and see ya. That really is daft, id much rather go to the scrappy and get one for free. Anyway thats all ive got to say.

you thnik that's bad? I ordered a PAS line this week, £128 for the 6 inch metal return bit with the mounting bracket, £180 for the rest of it that goes to the bottle and the steering rack... f**king analised!

car? need a license 1st!
hahahaha Dealers are soo expensive..

I know this isn't Clio related, but my mate has a nova (with speedlines).. none of the wheels had center caps.. he rang vauxhall or speedline or whatever and they quoted him £35.. EACH!

the sucker paid it as well.. he's so dumb :p

The Xsara VTS i owned for around 6 weeks had corroded wheel nuts, went to the citroen dealer for a price on replacement wheel nuts (and they weren't locking ones) £5.65 + VAT each!! RIP OFF.

just had to order the rest of one side of the PAS pipes... total cost £310 for some f**king half metal/rubber pipe... f**king jokers!

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
When you consider inflation these days, I wouldn't say £15 for a badge is exactly breaking the bank, infact as Renault prices go I would say that's quite good. It seems some people really do expect some things for virtually nothing these days.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
It is just a badge though. And £15 for a piece of plastic with chrome paint???

Foz, eBay is your best bet, or goto a breakers yard, I doubt they'd charge you more than a couple of quid if anything.

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Each to their own I suppose. I just personally think £15 from Renault for a new badge isn't bad considering todays prices. I know it may only be plastic but when you consider it, £15 really isn't loads of money these days. I paid £36 for a new hazard switch to be fitted. I got out of there really quickly as I expected them to charge me at least an hours labour + parts, (being as they don't normally charge less than an hour). So, I think I got a bargain, and I definitely wouldn't be complaining about £15 for a badge.

Each to their own I suppose. I just personally think £15 from Renault for a new badge isn't bad considering todays prices. I know it may only be plastic but when you consider it, £15 really isn't loads of money these days. I paid £36 for a new hazard switch to be fitted. I got out of there really quickly as I expected them to charge me at least an hours labour + parts, (being as they don't normally charge less than an hour). So, I think I got a bargain, and I definitely wouldn't be complaining about £15 for a badge.

it may be the norm, but so are tax rises and inflated costs... doesn't make it any less of a rip off, it's money in Reno's pocket at the end of the day and I bet if we actually saw the manufacturing cost we'd not be too happy... £310 for a f**king PAS line... still in shock, I had to shower afterwards I felt that violated...

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Oh I agree, production costs will no doubt be far less than they are marketed for, but business is business and if they can sell parts at their sometimes outrageous prices they will! Look at it this way though, people pay far more for a darn plain white t-shirt with a logo on it that you could probably make cheaper yourself. Why? Because it has the logo on it they like and they can't be arsed to do it themselves.

It's an offical Renault badge we are talking about here. Yes, you may well be able to get a non Renault badge for far less, but you then run the risk of it not fitting as well as it should, it may well be slightly bowed and not lie flat. I'd rather pay Renault the £15 knowing that it should fit perfectly and be able to take the darn thing back if it doesn't, rather than putting up with an inferior one that may not do the job as well. It's all down to personal preference though I guess.

i just dont like spending money on car parts, they are a kind of necessity half the time which is why they get away with charging what they do. Prices of part in other countries go to show that we pay over the odds for everything...

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Well yes we do pay loads more for most things in this country, but if you own a car , high spare parts prices is something we can't really get away from. You can indeed buy non Renault parts, but you will not always get the best quality. It is a sad fact that you get what you pay for these days, and for the sake of a few extra £'s I would rather get an original part that looks the part and hopefully shouldn't fall to pieces within a few weeks. It's like I said though, it's down to personanl preference.

Well yes we do pay loads more for most things in this country, but if you own a car , high spare parts prices is something we can't really get away from. You can indeed buy non Renault parts, but you will not always get the best quality. It is a sad fact that you get what you pay for these days, and for the sake of a few extra £'s I would rather get an original part that looks the part and hopefully shouldn't fall to pieces within a few weeks. It's like I said though, it's down to personanl preference.

sounds like you have also used GSF in the past like me... lol, completely agree, still doesn't make it right though is all I'm saying...

Octavia VRS
just had to order the rest of one side of the PAS pipes... total cost £310 for some f**king half metal/rubber pipe... f**king jokers!

I had to get a new PAS pipe as well as the other one was corroded. £180 for the part and the final bill including another wee job and labour was over £460. Severely fucked off

They aren't called 'stealers' for nothing ;)
£15 for a badge is a joke tbh. Also worth noting that any parts fitted, but not made by renault will be cheaper from places like gsf & euro car parts.