ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Clio 182 Headlamp Washer Fail

EP3 and Turbz
Hi just found out my Headlamp washer jets on my Renault Clio 182 are not working. Just wondered if anyone has any idea why this is? Or if anyone has any help on how to fix it, or if I'll need a new washer pump?
I've checked the fuse and the fuse was okay and not blown.

Thanks James.

Take the bumper off and ensure that the headlight washers are actually connected to the washer pump.

The headlight washers like to leak, instead of paying £13 for a replacement lots of people just disconnect them and block off the pipework.

EP3 and Turbz
Hi @Steven103 thanks for your response!
I cant disconnect them and block them off as I need them to work to pass the MOT as it just failed on those.
They're connected because it's not leaking any fluid?
I've read on hear and numerous other places that the pumps might be faulty? How hard are they to change and what would I need to do in order to swap them and find them?
I know they like to leak, I had a LY182 before and they used to. I solved this by buying a one way valve and connected it in between the pieces of pipe and that solved it. My problem is that they don't actually seem to work.

Any idea?

James

@JamesT2992 , I think we're on a slightly different page. As I understood your post, you're yet to verify that:
  • the washers work & don't leak
  • that anything is even plumed in (there could be no leak because the washers aren't leaking, or there could be no visible leak because the washers aren't even plumed in or have been blocked off by a previous owner who was fed up of them leaking!)
  • the pump works & creates sufficient flow & pressure
You just know that at least one of those must be false, in order for the whole system to not work. With this in mind, I'd check the 2 easy things first.

Replacing the pumps are easy if you investing £5 in a wiper arm removal tool, or they're a complete pain in the wiper arms refuse to budge. Pop the plastic covers off of the wiper arms, unbolt & remove the wiper arms, unclip the scuttle panel trim from the wing and remove it, unbolt the wiper mechanism & motor (IIRC), unplug the two feeds to the two wiper motors, pull the whole washer bottle out & then the motors just pop out (best to do this off of the car to make sure the o'rings are properly seated). Removing the wiper arms can be a 5 seconds job, or an absolute pain.