ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Clio 182 with RARE Tuned Cup Racer Engine

Trader Rating - 100%
50   0   0
race car engine is pretty much same as road car engine anyway its just a race engine thats been modified by Ben, could do the same to the engine in my 182 unless im missing something that makes "This is indeed a very special car."

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  clio 182 + cup packs
could of swore i commented on this thread mmmmmmmmm still think hes been over charge on the engine and i would love to know whats special about it. being sold at that price tho makes me wonder how much money ive lost since i bought mine a year ago

Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
There's nothing extremely 'special' about the engine. All I stated was that it's rare to see an engine out of the Cup Racer series in a road car. Price wise its priced to sell.

Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The car needed a new engine after the original one which had been tuned by a different company went bang. AWT sourced us the engine, then carried out the list of modifications along with the full rebuild. The cost was around £4-5k.

Does it drive much better? Yes.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
15   0   0
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Car is very cheap for what it is. Should piss out the door tbh.
#

But, no xenons, sport grill, fogs, bumper stickers, fuel rail guard?
Was interested until I noticed these bits...

Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
PM'd Pepsi, explanation is in there.

I'll post here for others of you interested;

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=36254

Xenons weren't deemed necessary hence were replaced with standard lights.
Fogs never used - not replaced.
Grill was £130 at the time, I believe they can be purchased for around £30 so easily replaced by the new owner.
Fuel rail guard isn't necessary and hence isn't there.

PS: Cheers Daniel, I hope so!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
5   0   0
could of swore i commented on this thread mmmmmmmmm still think hes been over charge on the engine and i would love to know whats special about it. being sold at that price tho makes me wonder how much money ive lost since i bought mine a year ago

You should be happy with it and not worry so much about its value. :)

The one for sale looks like a proper bargain for its spec. Love the side view of it.

D.

Last edited:
C

clvs2222

Trader Rating - 100%
5   0   0
why has the bumper and grill replaced, it doesnt say it is a insurance write off or anything. what happenes if you have a front crash and dont have the fuel gaurd in place? your asking for trouble.

Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
why has the bumper and grill replaced, it doesnt say it is a insurance write off or anything. what happenes if you have a front crash and dont have the fuel gaurd in place? your asking for trouble.

If you read my last post you'd have your answer...

The car had a scrape at Silverstone which cracked one of the Xenons, fogs and grill. Xenons weren't deemed necessary, neither were the fogs. The grill was £130 or so at the time so I used a non RS one.

Ali

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Howz it a cup racer engine...it's no more cup rares than half the engines on here, with cams and headwork?! :S Bizarre.

Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The engine with the work is around 20bhp up on a standard 182. These are realistic and proven figures as opposed to the figures thrown around by most 'tuning' companies. There is a significant increase in the midrange torque which makes a big difference. So any quicker than a normal clio? Yes.

nth

Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
race car engine is pretty much same as road car engine anyway its just a race engine thats been modified by Ben, could do the same to the engine in my 182 unless im missing something that makes "This is indeed a very special car."
his named popped into my head too soon as i saw angelworks