ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Clio Cup Debut! Campaign video :)

Hi everyone,

Basically, to cut very short, I used to race Karts from the age of 13-18, but since then I have not raced due to budget constraints. It may sound stupid but not having this passion in my life has been incredibly hard, and is one of the things which will bring a tear to my eyes, but I am incredibly proud to be able to announce that I am back, bigger and better than ever!

I had my first test day with Birmingham based team TCR, who are running Nic Hamilton, and it was fantastic! I was worried that due to such little previous experiance in karting, not to mention the fact I've not driven a car on a track ever!

But, in my final session of the morning I was absolutely flying, and was bang on the pace of top drivers who have tested there. This was a massive massive thing for me, and the team (who at this point, didn't know me from Adam) were genuinely amazed at how well I'd adjusted, and I was lapping about 8 seconds a lap faster than they originally estimated me doing as a new driver

The hard work starts now, I have been very lucky to receive initial support from www.alloygator.com who have helped me get into the car, but sadly this is not on going and the campaign must begin!

If everyone could please please like my Facebook page, and follow me on twitter and watch/share the campaign video which MUST go BIG!

Anyway, enough talking. Photos and video :D

a8bf6c3d.jpg

Photo from MadeinYorkshire.TV

Clio Cup 2013 - Tom Blackmore - YouTube

Please do follow the links to Facebook/Twitter

www.facebook.com/TomBlackmoreRacing
www.twitter.com/racingTB

And some press releases (all the same content)

http://www.ten-tenths.com/news/showentry.php?e=3063

http://www.harrogate-news.co.uk/2012/05/04/blackmore-impresses-on-renault-clio-debut-with-tcr/

http://speedmagazine.net/2012/05/04...mpresses-on-renault-clio-test-debut-with-tcr/

Thanks everyone, your support is greatly appreciated :D

Tom

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Only if you own a renaultsport personally. ;)

Only joking, I'm not on FB or twitter, but I'll spread the word. Good luck!

Ps. Still got to practice the refined art of getting in and out past the full cage without looking like Houdini I see!

Last edited:
You're putting this about aren't you! I've seen you tweet a few people like Chris Harris, seen it on PH and Facebook.

Good luck though.

Good stuff you are with a proper team ;) TCR are spot on. Lee mentioned something about you last time i was in.

Good luck mate

I've got a Clio 200 cup as my road car, picked it up last week ;) Its mainly because I'm offering my road car for graphics too!

Lap times, I did a 52.07 I think it was, but was having a .3 tenth missfire due to low fuel on the final few laps. They had one of their best clio drivers round last year in 51.7; he had been racing them a while!

Thanks for the support :)

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Nice Mate ! Lee and Kenny at TCR said they were impressed with your times when i was in the other week having my cam and aux belts and clutch done by them .

Hope you get the sponsership I think You will do well, Some great drivers Started at TCR .

Good luck with it keep us posted. :approve: