ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Clio Exclusive 172 16v

Clio 2.0 172 PH2
Hi guys, i had a 2001 RenSport 172 years ago and i have just bought a 2003 but something which confused me when i went to get insurance....

It comes up as a Renault Clio Exclusive 172 16V???? Does anyone know what the Exclusive means?

I thought it was a limited number of 172's which they did in green with white leather seats back in 2000??? I can't seem to see it has any extra options on it???

Please help guys as google can't!!!!

Matt

Clio 2.0 172 PH2
Well its from a big car dealer supermarket type place so assumed they HPI it for me? Would that be silly of me?

Stripped yozza'd cup
That would be silly. To be honest, they probably would have checked it, but they would almost certainly still sell it to you regardless.
I'm assuming your car isn't green? I'd hpi check it.

Clio 2.0 172 PH2
So i have HPi'd it then and everything checks out. It even shows on the Hpi as exclusive? No colour changes, no insurance losses, not scrapped, mileage check was 48449 and it now stands at 55k so that checks out. All in all everything is ok. But why do they use Exclusive in the title of it. My last check is the log book and also they have the origional sales reciept so will check that also. They have every single reciept that has been spent on it. Should be a total minter! Can't wait t pick it up now on Wednesday.

Hyundai i40
is it green? then not a exclusive if its not green

its an 03 so you will find its a ph2 not a ph1 that the exclusive where available in

Unless its a very late registered one, which i very much doubt it

Last edited:
  Stripped yozza'd cup
It would have to have been very late registered... I didn't notice it was '03.
The exclusives are all green though Sarah.

Clio 2.0 172 PH2
i just think there must be an error on the insurance database or something like that. Its a Phase 2 172 i had one before so i know that much. It defo isn't a 172 exclusive!!! Don't know why they use that in the title at any point.

ITB'd MK1
DVLA get things like this wrong a lot

my 200sx had "executive" on the log book, even though that was a '91 only model and i had a '93

Wouldn't worry

Clio 2.0 172 PH2
No not worried now its been HPI checked. Glad i did that actually as confirmed the mileage as well. You always worry about low mileage cars. I mean 2003 with 55k on clock 2 owner car. Glad its mint! Can't wait to start tinkerin with it. Disks and pads are the first thing. Want to change the exhaust but want something really subtle!

Stripped yozza'd cup
Glad youve sorted it at least mate.
Buy a ktec stealth, lovely and subtle round town and sounds great when you're giving it the beans. Win.

Clio 2.0 172 PH2
Just had a look at it. Is it hidden as well by the back bumper. Winner if so as don't want to cut the bumper. Can i fit myself or will it need welding?

Clio 2.0 172 PH2
Still got that. K7 750! Just won't bring it out in this weather, need a winter hack and i used to have a 172 years ago! Love it then and love it now! Got a Audi A4 2.0 TFSI as well which is used for the longer journeys!

Clio 2.0 172 PH2
Just opened the mail and got the log book through from DVLA. It defo is a Clio Renaultsport Exclusive???? Why is it an Exclusive?? I think i might write to Renault and see if they know?

S4 Avant
I vaguely remember hearing about a 172 exclusive that under went a ph2 front end conversion and respray?

Have a look round it and make sure there aren't any of the ph1 bits round it, like the small black boot handle, instead of the larger colour coded renault diamond, and make sure the arial is at the back of the roof, not the front.

Clio 2.0 172 PH2
Its defo a ph2, i just wonder if the exclusive just means something different on this car. Renault must have done something to it to make it exclusive. I mean it has a CD Changer under the seat, you can turn the esp off and on and there is an alarm light next to the gear stick. These are all differences from my 2001 ph2. Also i am thinking maybe it had cup suspension or something but i have no idea. Maybe the DVLA have it wrong?

Black Gold Trophy
DVLA make mistakes like this all the time.
It is just registered wrong mate, a woman at work bought a brand new MG ZT 1.8, she only realised two years after she bought it that it was registered as a 1.8NA when it was actually a 1.8Turbo