ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Cutting Corners

200 FF Storm Grey
Stripped the car this weekend, obviously renault didn't design the car to be stripped but as you do it you notice where they have cut corners and it gets annoying!

The worst example being that they haven't painted all of the bonnet underneath where the sound deadening was, so now I've got a small patch of unpainted metal.

This just me or are other people's underside bonnets un-painted?

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
There all pisch under there... right in the central square-
S

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
How can that possibly annoy you??

It was designed with the bonnet carpet to be in place. You removed it!!

RB FF 182
Its a Renault not an Audi... they're quite clearly too busy drinking wine making cheese and bucking their luvvers to care about painting.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
My bonnets painted correctly too.

However, other patches of the chassis inside are not!

Mine was fully painted on both my MK2s.

Could be worse, a lot of Korean/Jap motors these days they aren't even painting the bay at all, leaving the entire thing finished in a nice shade of beige.

200 FF Storm Grey
How can that possibly annoy you??

It was designed with the bonnet carpet to be in place. You removed it!!

Jebus, check inside the tyres to make sure they've got rubber on

lol look at this picture though, it's utter lazyness, claudio ommeltte knew when he did it that some where down the line he was going to p1ss somebody off...

Photo881.jpg

Would of took what? 2 seconds to do that extra bit?

A4 Avant
It's probably more than 2 seconds. They'd more than likely have to handle it twice to fully paint the top then the bottom. Excess material in primer, colour and laquer, times that by millions of clios it'll add up to a lot.

200 FF Storm Grey
Your car was obviously in a 10 car pile up and repaired, poorly.

Yes the small patch of paint (which others have said they have too) must mean it was in a terrible motorway pile up, it's the only explanation.

Or, Nigel's reason.

Either/or

200 FF Storm Grey
It's probably more than 2 seconds. They'd more than likely have to handle it twice to fully paint the top then the bottom. Excess material in primer, colour and laquer, times that by millions of clios it'll add up to a lot.

Yeh I suppose, just odd how it's like that, like they ran out of paint at that particular moment so sent it on through rather than holding up the line to re-do it.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Yes the small patch of paint (which others have said they have too) must mean it was in a terrible motorway pile up, it's the only explanation.

Or, Nigel's reason.

Either/or

Well you cant see it when your driving, so i wouldnt worry

Do you think bonnets float in mid air? It'll be from however they hang them up to paint them, obviously the machine/whoever is painting it can't get it all perfect as theres a stand in the way. They don't have time to go back and re-do a bit that's covered up anyway.

200 FF Storm Grey
Do you think bonnets float in mid air? It'll be from however they hang them up to paint them, obviously the machine/whoever is painting it can't get it all perfect as theres a stand in the way. They don't have time to go back and re-do a bit that's covered up anyway.

They aint hung by coat hangers or balanced on a work bench, if one part of it is sprayed then the rest should be unless it's just over spray, hence why 95% of cars on here will under painted bonnets.

DSC_0001-2.jpg

111_1181-1.jpg

Only reason it bothers me is I eventually want to bring the engine bay upto a good standard which I'm now going to have to pay out £100 to get it sprayed

What are you on about? The bonnets are held up by stands whilst painting, which obviously make it a bit difficult to get into that area to paint properly. How hard is it to understand?

200 FF Storm Grey
What are you on about? The bonnets are held up by stands whilst painting, which obviously make it a bit difficult to get into that area to paint properly. How hard is it to understand?

Which if was the case every bonnet would be that way unless they do them however they feel like it, but most bonnets are painted so like I said before it will be sombody who hasn't bothered to do it like the rest so... cutting corners

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
God you're so fussy! Its the underneath of a cheap hatchback's bonnet! And even then its not on show because its covered in carpet! Some people! :banghead:

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
We're the ones stropping? When you're the one complaining the underneath of your bonnet is painted... ok then..

I reckon on your bonnet it's more a case of there being not much lacquer on it, not that they haven't actually painted it. If so my 172 bonnet was the same.

FLOL at this thread. Btw the second picture you posted the one of the Yozzasport car it had more than one excursion off track and has been painted several times IIRC.

For the record BMW (certainly never used to but may have changed now) never used to clear coat any of the panels under the bonnet they were all left in a satin finish, even on the M power models and they cost a f**k sight more than a tatty French hatchback ;)