ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Dealers - Idiots.

Not a 320d
Jeez. Just been to order a god damm car and its taken me over an hour, the stealer (as you lot call them) was full of s**t and i had to answer a shitload of questions as to why i didnt want to order that paint guard shite and other pointless crap. I mean what zie s**t. Are they all like this ? What a tosser.

I was out last night and im not feeling my best right now i just couldnt be arsed. :eek: Now im going to have to wait 2 months for the car to come through. :(

Nissan 350z
So by them asking questions and wanting to get everything right for you, trying to give you the best service thats suddenly a bad thing? Im sure you would be the first to go blue in the face when they missed something you expected to be there :/

Its called offering the customer the best product for their needs. It's their job to mention everything you may need, and to tailor the sale to offer you the best solution. I'm happy to sit and answer questions, as it shows they're taking an interest in me and value my business.

Asking for your reasons against the products just helps them to improve the services based on your feedback.

Renault Customers - Idiots?

Not a 320d
I think they push things like the paint guard stuff as they get a nice bit of commission from it ;)

Thankyou. We clearly said no, and i know they have to do it and blah blah blah and it wasnt the guy doing it that was the problem it was the stuff we had to go through. Although the guy was a tosser, just not because of the questions.

New Meggy Dynamique looks nice i think, interior is nice anyways.

It's A Reno
I know how you feel.

I went to the stealer and said I wanted an RS172 in Monaco Blue With a 6 disc multichanger and nothing else thankyou very much, thinking it would be a doddle and I was there for over an hour too.
All he wanted to do was sell me a 3 year price guarantee thingy, paint protection and interior protection.

I had to wait 8 weeks too. :(

Meg 250/E36 Touring
Its called offering the customer the best product for their needs. It's their job to mention everything you may need, and to tailor the sale to offer you the best solution. I'm happy to sit and answer questions, as it shows they're taking an interest in me and value my business.

Asking for your reasons against the products just helps them to improve the services based on your feedback.

Renault Customers - Idiots?

Well put that man.

Clio 172 Cup
They are just trying to make a living.

If they didn't offer you services and offers etc would they still be idiots?

RS200
Obviously their trying to make money off you but most of it is a rip off. I got offered £3000 worth of repairs for curbing chips scratches dents etc but for a price of £500. You could take it and never use it or use it all in which case its a bargain but you never know. Dealers seem to be getting worse though for example the clio RS 200 Is Standard £16.750 But even if you want no extra you still have to pay £150 for the cheapest paint? so £16.750 isnt the basic price its £16.900

Clio 172 Cup
Most of the crap they offer is just a money making rip off.

The paint protection is, I know a place you can get it for £22+vat and you get the certificate to send away for the warranty.

M135i
they'll make about £50 out of the paint stuff. thats what i used to make anyhow. bare in mind if you were the dealer and could make a few more bob out of a few mins work, you would, wouldn't you?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Part of the reason why I left.

Its embarrassing trying to sell all the add on crap. Its a pointless load of pants and a complete rip-off. Trying to get Mr & Mrs X to part with thier hard earned for what is essentially a load of b****cks is a tough job.

Meg 250/E36 Touring
Obviously their trying to make money off you but most of it is a rip off. I got offered £3000 worth of repairs for curbing chips scratches dents etc but for a price of £500. You could take it and never use it or use it all in which case its a bargain but you never know. Dealers seem to be getting worse though for example the clio RS 200 Is Standard £16.750 But even if you want no extra you still have to pay £150 for the cheapest paint? so £16.750 isnt the basic price its £16.900

Manufacturers have always charged extra for certain colours, so they're not 'getting worse'

In fact the discounts available on a Clio 200 are exceptionally good compared to the majority of other manufacturers.

Clio GT.

(bends over)

Good choice.

My Clio GT has turned up at the garage now which I ordered back in May!

Took longer as I went for the Diesel engine, there aren't many about. Picking it up on the 1st September so I get a 59 plate.

What kit did you go for?

I got the TomTom, Bluetooth + USB socket, ESP, Malta Blue.

RS200
Manufacturers have always charged extra for certain colours, so they're not 'getting worse'

In fact the discounts available on a Clio 200 are exceptionally good compared to the majority of other manufacturers.

Well most cars ive looked at you get with paint and if you want metallic paint then its more but if you want normal paint its free i mean. surely when you buy a car you expect paint to be included in the price.
Its like buying the car and then having to pay extra for seats or a steering wheel!

Not a 320d
nice choice ;) did you go for that common blue colour

did you add any options ?

Good choice.

My Clio GT has turned up at the garage now which I ordered back in May!

Took longer as I went for the Diesel engine, there aren't many about. Picking it up on the 1st September so I get a 59 plate.

What kit did you go for?

I got the TomTom, Bluetooth + USB socket, ESP, Malta Blue.

Haha cheers, cant wait, Went for the Standard car in the common blue haha. I saw a black one down at cadwell and didnt like it and i really like the blue. Ive had black before btw keeping it clean - :dead:

I wish id of gone for the bluetooth and usb socket but the RCA will do nicely, itll be a 1.6 petrol 128 in a 3 door. Couldnt afford much more tbqh.

ESP is for girls :) :rasp:

dont forget the pics ;)

did you get a pic of the black one at cadwell

ive got a while before i can consider buying a fully loaded gt :(

Last edited:
  Not a 320d
his opinion ;)

haha i cant remember what he said exactly but i know it was along the lines of that he shouldnt of had it on track really. Said it was very good though, nippy and really it kept up with other things except for the big straights.