ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault discontinuing parts

rik220

ClioSport Club Member
Hi,

So in August I ordered and fitted a new handbrake cable for my 182, no issues. Today I tried ordering a cable for the left side as there is now too great an imbalance and was told it is now listed as NLA. So I’ve had to order a first line part from my local motor factors. Not ideal as I believe non OE cables can be a pain.

It seems to me that Renault are listing items as NLA quite frequently at the moment.

I tried ordering outer ARB brackets a few weeks ago, they are NLA. A few other things I’ve tried to get are also recent NLA status.

It seems that mk2 Clios are getting to that stage were sourcing parts will become increasingly difficult.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
There’s plenty of aftermarket parts available for them and other brands. I wouldn’t worry about main dealer stuff. 99% of the time main dealer stuff is just boxed Delphi stuff

dan's cast offs.
i bought the last of them when paul said they were going nla. first line don't fit unfortunately.

monaco 172
Glad I bought a pair of genuine ones last year! Should hopefully see the car until the end of its life.

So what do we do now that non of the first line or pagid ones fit anymore?

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Renault give no warning to dealers and just wipe stuff off the parts system.

As the Clio is now around 13+ years old renault as a car manufacturer only need to supply parts for 10/12 years (some are 15)

As the new Clio 5 is coming out older stuff will be getting shipped on and once its gone its gone.

When calling for parts always get your dealer to check Uk stock and France Stock just incase.

PH2 172
I have the 182 OE cables 8200228347/ 60 fitted on my 172 Ph2. (£20 cheaper)

I had to adjust the nut up on the yoke at the handbrake lever end to take up the slack, as the inner/outer cable length relationship is 10mm longer on the 182 cables.

OE 172 cables are still available, 6000073733/4 , so you could use these & slacken the yoke nut off.

Reactions: Gus
  monaco 172

I had to adjust the nut up on the yoke at the handbrake lever end to take up the slack, as the inner/outer cable length relationship is 10mm longer on the 182 cables.

OE 172 cables are still available, 6000073733/4 , so you could use these & slacken the yoke nut off.
Same

Rpd wouldn't sell me the cheaper cables as he said they wouldn't fit my 172, so I ordered them from ktec instead and they fit fine.

Like you say, just slightly longer.

Mk2 1.2 Campus

What’s the difference between a 172/182 in terms of the mechanisms?

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Im sure they are the same wheelbase but it could be something small like different wishbones or different rear beam mounts or something.

Land Rover
Fiat were the worst for not supporting their older models.
Once a car had been out of production for 10 years all remaining parts stock was destroyed.
BMW are a lot better. Parts still available for models right back to the 1980’s.
Ferrari weren’t as good as you’d think, for instance flywheels for the 348/Mondial t were NLA in 2011.
The flywheel is a fluid filled type and can need replacing with the clutch.

PH2 172
Quick google and this is 1st review that says otherwise!

"The ride is less fidgety over bumpy surfaces, too, largely due to a longer wheelbase and wider track. "

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-reviews/15697/renaultsport-clio-182-20-16v

I`d take that as a load of old b****cks pumped out by the press office for consumption by journo`s and a public that know no better.

All Ph2 sports have the same front subframe in common, part number 8200107153, and in fact the 182 had a narrower track than the 172 Cup,

due to a reduction in the wheel offset from ET38 to ET43., though the std Ph2 172 had an offset of ET48.5.

Same goes for the wheelbase claim., though the revised front wishbones, with extended castor for 172 Cup and utilised on all later 182`s, part numbers

8200257956/7 would have marginally extended the wheelbase over the std Ph1 & 2`s, using 6000073511/2.

I prefer to some solid research before I spout, and don`t rely on Google.

dan's cast offs.
Cable is longer due to it having wider track. The 182 cable is fine on a 172 but not the other way round.

Pagid and first line cables no longer fit UNLESS they have sorted the issue out recently.

Cup rear compensator is available aftermarket without issue.

172 and cup rear beam brake pipes are also nla but 182 can be used with a bit of reshaping!!

PH2 172
Cable is longer due to it having wider track. The 182 cable is fine on a 172 but not the other way round.

!

Are you being deliberately disingenuous?

You can put a 205 tyre on a 172 7J rim, but a 195 on a 182 7J rim can`t be done?

The only difference in the track widths is the offset of the rim, and that will not have any bearing on the length of the cables.

If you still have a LHR 182 cable, you could make yourself usefull and confirm the length of the outer casing ferrule to ferrule?

1101 cm is what all after market cables for both 172 & 182 are nominally quoted at.

dan's cast offs.
Are you being deliberately disingenuous?

You can put a 205 tyre on a 172 7J rim, but a 195 on a 182 7J rim can`t be done?

The only difference in the track widths is the offset of the rim, and that will not have any bearing on the length of the cables.

Stub axle is thicker where it bolts to the beam fwir to widen track, think 10mm but can't remember if it's 5mm per side? The 172 sized cable and up ever so slightly short on the outer, it's literally about 3mm as well!!

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Stub axle is thicker where it bolts to the beam fwir to widen track, think 10mm but can't remember if it's 5mm per side? The 172 sized cable and up ever so slightly short on the outer, it's literally about 3mm as well!!

5mm per side.

28mm vs 33mm.

PH2 172
Stub axle is thicker where it bolts to the beam fwir to widen track, think 10mm but can't remember if it's 5mm per side?

Forgot about the stub axles on the back, 182 is still narrower than 172 Cup, with it`s et45 ( sorry I said 42 last night ) wheels.

The 172 sized cable and up ever so slightly short on the outer, it's literally about 3mm as well!!

I`m still puzzled you say the 182 cables will not fit the 172 as the outer of both are 1101cm LH & 1170 RH in all the catalogues I have seen.

Stick one of these in.

Attachments

• rear stub axles.jpg
    rear stub axles.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 170
  • cable adjuster.jpg
    cable adjuster.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 156
  PH2 172
the 182 fits the 172 but not the other way round.

That`s what I meant.

So you are categorically saying that OE Renault 172 cables will not fit a 182, and that the outers are too short on both sides?

If you are referring to pattern cables, it would not surprise me if they did not fit either 172 or 182.

rik220

ClioSport Club Member
That`s what I meant.

So you are categorically saying that OE Renault 172 cables will not fit a 182, and that the outers are too short on both sides?

If you are referring to pattern cables, it would not surprise me if they did not fit either 172 or 182.

They have discontinued the 182 handbrake cables. This is my point. I got a first line one today. Will it not fit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Gus