ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Garages once again

A friend of mine went in for his first 18000 service for his 1.2 16v... He needed a few bits done like window screen wipers etc etc was quoted about £160 I think.... He phoned them up to see if it was done andit was, he asked the price and they said 600 fecking quid!!!!!!! Cant remember what exactly they changed but they taking the piss or what.... This was priory renault Dartford BTW

172 Cup

Simple, If he didint agree to the parts being changed tell them to take it off.

A friend of mine and ST Hornes took his Celica 190 in for a service to be told he needed to new tyres to which he said ok. Went to collect it and they had charged him £240 PER tyre!! He made them take them back off before he left!

GR7

Shiny red R32

Garages have to ask permission before fitting parts to your car, otherwise you dont have to pay for them! Normally someone will telephone you to say that such and such needs replacing, it will cost £.. do you want us to carry out this work?

Clio 197

Same sh*te here. I went in to get an estimate for the cambelt change on my Willy. No problem about €500. Then I asked a friend who is a mechanic how much he would do the job for. He said €500, So I figured best get it done at Renault. How much...€1,000. I would have had it done two months ago for half if they had given me the proper quote in the first place. So there it is in the Renault garage torn to bits and me with a bill for double. Pain in the arse. The language problem here doesnt help!

Clio II 1.4 Priveleg

Always ask for a quote or estimate IN WRITING if possible. You are only liable for the repairs/work carried out that you have agreed to. However, if you say "Go ahead and do the work" then you have just signed an open cheque book! ALWAYS ASK FOR AN ESTIMATE!

At Driveline Renault, Ashford, we have a team of service advisors who make contact with the customer regarding extra work. The technician carries out a vehicle appraisal (before we do ANY work) and lists any additional repairs required. The parts department costs these additional parts and the service advisors will prepare an estimate. The customer is then contacted to ask if the additional repairs should be carried out. They are made aware of what work is required and the costs involved. The ball is then in the customers court, so to speak, and will either agree with or decline the extra work. We never spend a penny of YOUR money without consent.

Sorry you have had an unpleasant experience with a Renault dealer.

Bob RTE

Driveline Renault.

1 Hilton Road

Ashford

Kent TN23 1EW

01233 658585.

http://www.drivelinerenault.co.ukhttp://www.drivelinerenault.co.uk

i think thats terrible service, i work part time in halfords. and if we have to do anything thats going to cost extra...we "must" phone before carrying out the repair

thats ok, you walk in take your keys, pay £160 and leave. Their fault, simple as. The more we lie down to bad service in this country the more it will continue.

GR7

Shiny red R32

SoLow you are so right, we British are very slow in complaining if something like the service or food in a restaurant isnt as good as it should be, or if garages dont take care of our cars ......... and so on.

If people complained in genuine situations or refused to pay for bad service, then maybe things might improve, but until such time, we will carry on getting ripped off.

Subaru Forrester

Sometimes complaining helps if they dont know there is a fault...

Recently my flight with BA was cancelled coming back from Cairo and they put us on Egypt Air later the same day. The thing is EA had smoking sections on the plane plus it looked like it hadnt been upgraded since the 60s. I conplianed via email to BA when I got back and they sent me an apology and 3 bottles of wine. :eek: