ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Insurance Services - Computer says No

Clio 1.2 16 - 2003
I just had the most delightful conversation with renault insurance service about renewing my poilicy, which last year was a healthy £758

This year the rep told me

"it has increased and theres nothing i can do really, the computer says no"

so anyway they quoted me £2100
for a 22 yr old with 6 points for speeding on a motorway
on a 1.2 Clio !

Any advice?

lol

I'd laugh loudly down the phone at them and then call Direct Line ;)

Think I got quoted about £1k on my M-reg 1.2 Clio about 4 years ago when I was about 20 - that was for TPFT - I just laughed and asked how much for fully comp, the person on the phone laughed and said something like £2.5k! Can't remeber who that was with now, but needless to say I went elsewhere.

Clio Williams
Give Adrian Flux a call on 08700 777 888. They just quoted me £1100 on my williams with a chip, induction kit and exhaust system. I'm 26 and I only have 2 years no claims. Mention that you are in a club, it helps. ;)

220 Trophy, 172 Ph2
I am paying £600 on a 53 1.2 16v fully comp with admiral with my 20 year old misses who has been driving less than a year with 2 years no claims and modifications declared. I did it through www.confused.com

Give them a try you never know.

220 Trophy, 172 Ph2
Martin_89 said:
DirectLine quoted me £350 a year, mum with 1 years ncb and me at 17!

on a 1.2 16v too btw

So your on your mums insurance with no modifications declared..

If I took my misses off it would be even cheaper about £450.

Does that include what it costs for your mum when she took the policy out.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
thats not the policy ive got now, cars only insured for mum untill i pass my test, with norwich union now i think.

that was just a quote when shoping about that i got the other week, and yes that was no modifications declared, so would be slightly more if i was taking that quote because i would declare mods.

Gerry said:
Give Adrian Flux a call on 08700 777 888. They just quoted me £1100 on my williams with a chip, induction kit and exhaust system. I'm 26 and I only have 2 years no claims. Mention that you are in a club, it helps. ;)
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!

Adrian F(l)ux are a bunch of robbing b******s. I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them.

Dead eager to take your money, even to the point of lying down the phone to you and denying it when you call back :mad:

And getting money out of them is near impossible. We had to get a solicitors letter to get them to refund the £800 they owed my brother. :rolleyes:

So, to sum up... Avoid.

(IMO)

lol

Golf GTI 1.8T
Just shop around Wiggz, thats a redliculous quote, I'm stupidly paying £1466 for my car at 18 with Tesco. Wouldn't expect yours to be much more than £500...