ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Recaro 197 seat bolster repair PLEASE HELP!

Clio 197 R27
Hi guys,

I own a 197 clio sport F1 team R27 edition.

I am new to the forum and this is my first post. I was hoping to get help on a very annoying problem I have that no matter who I contact I cannot seem to get help on.

Basically, the material on the drivers side seat bolster has completely worn and there is fairly big tear. I have been to Renault who accept this is a common problem with the material but the only solution they can offer me is a new seat base which will set me back almost £450 with fitting! Seeing as the passenger seat bolster is starting to go the same way then I do not want to be buying 2 new seat bases for almost £900, especially as the passenger side is just fraying at the minute. My car has only done 30k miles and I rarely have a passenger! The only other option I have come across is a base retrim by capital seating who say they have a material fairly close to the Renault one, I haven't been to check it out yet as it is quite a drive to their premises.

Has anyone else experiencing similar problems with these seats and has anyone got any solutions as this is starting to keep me awake at night!

Thanks very much.

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
Look up r cars in the traders section. He sells Renault sports but has details of re trims etc. In his section.