ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault sat-nav or alternative

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy

Quote: Originally posted by Chris310185 on 19 January 2004

Wot u want is what i have just started as a project!!! A pioneer AVH-6500DVD motorised screen+dvd player £1800 v nice and then for another £1000 the sat nav unit!
Yes, this is very good but too expensive IMO, thats why I treated myself to one. You start with the initial system and then add to it what you want e.g. sat nav, dvd video, tv, etc etc

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

...snap dave182. I have an ipaq 2210 with tomtom. I have the emtac bluetooth gps signal because I too was worried about the coating on the screen, but it doesnt actually seem to cause any problems.

The greatest things about pocketpc+gps is that theyre mobile so you can swap between cars very easily, and you can upgrade easily when a new version of software is made available....

Adrian

dk

911 GTS Cab

I think I have read somewhere that you cannot have the Renault GPS installed along with the Cup Spoiler pack on a 182, they just wont go together, not sure why?

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

oh, anyone got any more info on that? thats a bit worrying :confused:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

This choice will affect your previous selections.

The following items will be added because of your previous selection:

Satellite Navigation System [Full Colour Screen & Mapping Function]

The following items will be removed because of your previous selection:

Cup Spoiler Pack

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by Jas on 20 January 2004

oh, anyone got any more info on that? thats a bit worrying :confused:
could be that they fit the antenna into the standard rear spoiler as the sat nav is available on other models but the cup spoiler isnt?

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Quote: Originally posted by lunner on 20 January 2004

You can get a full sat nav system for £450!!

This is: TomTom Navigator II with HP Jornada 928

http://www.totalpda.co.uk/product4540_9.aspxhttp://www.totalpda.co.uk/product4540_9.aspx

Gonna have to invest in this soon

Remember to add the car kit to this and 128mb of SD ram (So you can download the whole map and not just sections) as well and its over £550.

PC world are doing an IPAQ1940 + Tom Tom 2 + car kit for £499.99 inv vat then add another 256mb of SD ram and it will cost about the same.

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

I have checked with Jeremy and he confirms that sat nav is not available with the cup rear spoiler.

Just been offered, new a Ipaq 3860 PDA wiht TomTom 2 sat nav software with the GPS reciever for £150!!

They have some dirt cheap new stuff on ebay

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by Jas on 23 January 2004
I have checked with Jeremy and he confirms that sat nav is not available with the cup rear spoiler.

*dirty harry voice*

So which is it gonna be punk..

Who cares about a silly spoiler, the sat-nav is worthwhile matey (But the reason you cant have it is because the sweep on the cup antenna is less than on the standard 172/182 to cope with the bigger spoiler - and they dont make a gps+radio antenna that is swept like the cup one.)