ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault say Air Filter Change every 36K Miles!!!

182FF c/w Recaros
Following on from my oil change post.

I phoned the stealer who serviced my car yesterday to ask why the Air Filter was not changed (service manual states every 12K).

They said it's not part of the Renault Service Plan and that it is every 2 years/36K miles:eek:

The dealer went on to say that they do every RS model this way.

Seems every time I ask a question about something I get a different answer from Renault/CS/Dealers.:rolleyes:

Maz

LY 200
Ring RUK, they will be able to help you, some dealers see to make it up as they go along .. boils my piss grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
domtheone said:
Following on from my oil change post.

I phoned the stealer who serviced my car yesterday to ask why the Air Filter was not changed (service manual states every 12K).

They said it's not part of the Renault Service Plan and that it is every 2 years/36K miles:eek:

The dealer went on to say that they do every RS model this way.

Seems every time I ask a question about something I get a different answer from Renault/CS/Dealers.:rolleyes:

I would be relieved myself, makes a change from the usual phone call you get saying, you need new exhaust , brakes disc & pads, etc etc etc!!!!!!

If you get a problem at loughborough, you have never experienced the usual renault nightmare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

182FF c/w Recaros
Just come off the phone to Renault:rolleyes:

He's sending me a servicing manual which he says is correct (it's different to mine).

He say the offical line for changing the Air Filter is every 2nd Oil Change. No mileage mentioned.

He goes on to say that Oil is every 12k/2 years so that the Air Filter is every 24K/4 years.

Fook knows what to do now.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
  182FF c/w Recaros
g40steve said:
If you get a problem at loughborough, you have never experienced the usual renault nightmare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've got to go back there on Saturday morning to take the technician for a spin.:rolleyes:

I'm convinced I have an issue with the Exhaust/Cat as it's blowing/making noise etc etc, don't quite sound right, especailly at higher gears at lower speeds when pressing the accelerator.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
<<<< mine makes some lovely exhaust noises at present, sounds like the baffles have come out.

Get yourself an ITG filter, you will never need to think about it ever again.

Focus ST
domtheone said:
I've got to go back there on Saturday morning to take the technician for a spin.:rolleyes:

I'm convinced I have an issue with the Exhaust/Cat as it's blowing/making noise etc etc, don't quite sound right, especailly at higher gears at lower speeds when pressing the accelerator.

Time for a Aftermarket jobba.......

182FF c/w Recaros
Roy Munson said:
You should be fine then :boring:

:eek: :eek:

You'd be fine too since it appears you spend most of the time in your car with your foot on your bleeding super carbon kryptonite Brake Pads:rasp: :rolleyes: ;)

i had an aftermarket filter on mine by the time it was run in! as said if you dont want to pay a lot get an ITG panel filter, if money is not a concern then get a maxogen - otherwise if it bothers you that much just buy a Renault one - not expensive and 2 min job to replace.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
In my 182's service book it says every 24,000 miles .Personally if its the standard Renault one i'd change it every 12 months .

182FF c/w Recaros
MRBILLYUK said:
In my 182's service book it says every 24,000 miles .Personally if its the standard Renault one i'd change it every 12 months .

The guy at Renault UK said that there was 2 service books for the RS. Obviously mine is the wrong one lol. He's sending me the right one:rolleyes:

182FF c/w Recaros
timsclio172 said:
i had an aftermarket filter on mine by the time it was run in! as said if you dont want to pay a lot get an ITG panel filter, if money is not a concern then get a maxogen - otherwise if it bothers you that much just buy a Renault one - not expensive and 2 min job to replace.

I'm a novice with Car parts but I'm sure my Dad will replace the AF for me:D

Any idea on cost, min and max and where to buy?

Thanks.

cup 182 mit stripes
I recently had my 12,000 mile service. The service desk girl insisted that a new air filter was part of first service.I had an ITG panel job in the boot so told them to fit that.

I looked at service book afterwards and saw she had written in huge type
CUSTOMER SUPPLIED OWN NON STANDARD AIR FILTER.

Wonder why all dealers ain't singing from same hymn sheet?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
domtheone said:
The guy at Renault UK said that there was 2 service books for the RS. Obviously mine is the wrong one lol. He's sending me the right one:rolleyes:

Hmmm . Never heard of that before :S There are two manuals , one for the clio and a separate one for the RS , maybe thats what he's on about . The service book covers all models : twingo , v6 , laguna , clio etc ............ its not specific to one vehicle afaik , it has all the recommended service intervals for all models in my service book .

182FF c/w Recaros
Service book arrived today.

different to mine.

Does state Air Filter Change every 2 oil change (i.e every 24K miles).

Gonna take a look at mine in the near future and change if neccesary.

182FF c/w Recaros
FredYozzasport said:
its a £7 item, just change it! (oh and its every 12K)

I will when I get around to it.

Oh, and according to Renault Loughborough and Renault UK it's 24k.

Some stealers say 12K, some say 24k, some on CS say 12k, some.......:rolleyes:

I'll change it next weekend and be done with it.

Might try to find that washable one.