ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Specs - 0-60, 1/4 mile, etc

Quote: Originally posted by Clart on 19 July 2005

but everyone knows theyre slower!
only because of Pod tho... a few without blinkers on realised it a while back tho... at least the 1*2s can claim they are faster 0-60 tho... pmsl

Mini Cooper S sport

I thought 182s were 6.7 seconds to 60.

Im sure the stats on the CS homepage say 172s are quicker than 182s..but these figures seem to make more sense.

I think 6.5 seconds is pretty damn respectable!

yes but 0-60 means nothing if your getting pasted in 3rd gear and beyond... although I agree it is fairly impressive for FWD car... whats more impressive is exhaust modded F7R engined Clios hitting under 7 secs to 60 with an extra gear change

Quote: Originally posted by Martin. on 19 July 2005

You love it Jesus!! heh
yeah, loving the fact that all these 1*2 Vs Williams/2.0 Valvers posts have been put in perspective... Willy is king, MK2s are unfortuanately 2nd best in terms of performance... although they do have better brakes and aircon... wooo. lol

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by badinvincible on 19 July 2005
<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">Quicker than the Spider?

are you talking about the renault spider track car, the yellow two seater thing?

If so they are dog slow around a track so dread to think what 0-60 is as they handle well (although there was a road and a racing version, both of which were at oulton last week)

Quote: Originally posted by TheJesus on 19 July 2005

You love it Jesus!! heh
MK2s are unfortuanately 2nd best in terms of performance... although they do have better brakes and aircon... wooo. lol
I so wish the Williams had that (plus an interier). Its down to driver though the Williams was quicker than 172/182s* at Oulton but then again an instructor in a 1.2 would beat us all I recon.

*Ok I had to slow down on two bends so much that any advantage was lost plus my cars not stock. Modify a 172/182 to the same amount and Id be interested to see the results.

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

You love it Jesus!! heh
yeah, loving the fact that all these 1*2 Vs Williams/2.0 Valvers posts have been put in perspective... Willy is king, MK2s are unfortuanately 2nd best in terms of performance... although they do have better brakes and aircon... wooo. lol
172 cups dont have aircon and all the gizmos the 172 has, bring on a standard williams and a standard cup and well see who is quicker,

but all this talk about this being quicker etc, what are we talking about??? tenths of a second, only counts on the drag strip

Polo GTi

Quote: Originally posted by lawrence on 19 July 2005
Quote: Originally posted by TheJesus on 19 July 2005Quote: Originally posted by Martin. on 19 July 2005 You love it Jesus!! heh [/QUOTE]yeah, loving the fact that all these 1*2 Vs Williams/2.0 Valvers posts have been put in perspective... Willy is king, MK2s are unfortuanately 2nd best in terms of performance... although they do have better brakes and aircon... wooo. lol[/QUOTE]172 cups dont have aircon and all the gizmos the 172 has, bring on a standard williams and a standard cup and well see who is quicker, but all this talk about this being quicker etc, what are we talking about??? tenths of a second, only counts on the drag strip

hehe what about a modded Cup and a modded Williams? At Pod Willy 1 Cup Nil :p

Quote: Originally posted by lawrence on 19 July 2005

You love it Jesus!! heh
172 cups dont have aircon and all the gizmos the 172 has, bring on a standard williams and a standard cup and well see who is quicker,

but all this talk about this being quicker etc, what are we talking about??? tenths of a second, only counts on the drag strip
no such thing as a standard reno sport tho these days is there? lol

wasnt there a camd, chipd etc Cup there anyway? didnt happen to beat 14.0 did it? thought not ;)

Polo GTi

Quote: Originally posted by Chris nnic on 20 July 2005
yeah yeah...Ill be back! ;)Chris

Wasnt on about you dude, the Cup I raced at Pod :D

GTiR330 letstorquebhp.com

As designer and owner of the mentioned site just wanted to point out that all those figures from our site, http://www.letstorquebhp.comLetsTorqueBHP.com are THEORY figures that are calculated using detailed formulas (see the explained section). So they are not too bad compared to what some of you have acheived, but are not gospel!

Check out the sites performance calculator for your modified Clios figures. Its never going to be exact, but aint too far out either.

A new update will be released in about a weeks time with new articles, cars and even graphs based on figures, so please check it out again.

GTiR330 letstorquebhp.com

cheers, its only a bit of fun but we get loads of people using it reguarly, all over the world, and some good positive feedback too.

As mentioned a few times on the site, it uses easy obtainable data so not to over complicate matters, so its never going to be exact on all cars, but then different magazines, countries, drivers etc all acheive variable figures in real life anyway, so you cant please everyone.

A lot of work has gone into the formulas, but the site is really about the theory 1/4mile times. The 0-60, 0-100 etc were added becuase users requested it at an early stage Will be interesting to see events like TOTB to see how accurate or far out we are with the most exteme cars when driven very hard. If we are within a few tenths and mph using just bhp per ton then we got to be happy.

I check the site out a fair bit as do my mates just to see what the figures of a modded Clio would be and they are usually spot on or there abouts. Great site fella, the calculator musta taken a while to make as well as getting all that car data! lol

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

Quote: Originally posted by TheJesus on 25 July 2005

I check the site out a fair bit as do my mates just to see what the figures of a modded Clio would be and they are usually spot on or there abouts. Great site fella, the calculator musta taken a while to make as well as getting all that car data! lol
So going on the info on that site you can conclude that the fastest 2.0 clio is the 182 then.nice one

ian

I said usually... they must have tested the Willy 3 up tho, as thats what my car needs to be to be as fast (well, as slow) as a 182 ;)... not to mention the 4 wheels I had in, but hey, whos counting... really want to know if it was someone off here now, but I doubt theyd have come forward.... "yeah, me car wasnt run in...." :p