ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Sport Clio 150 D?

Meg on pistonheads £6995
Fabia VRS PD130, Punto JTD 130, Ibiza 130PD or 160PD Cupra.

So where's the RenaultSport Clio dCi 2.0 150?

Or maybe even the dCi 175 from the Laguna GT?

Come on Reno :-(

I'd be tempted, but only if was comparative performance to the petrol version...

... although I do love ragging a petrol engine at high revs. That's the only thing I'd probably miss if I got a diesel :(

Ally said:
I'd be tempted, but only if was comparative performance to the petrol version...

... although I do love ragging a petrol engine at high revs. That's the only thing I'd probably miss if I got a diesel :(

I read somewhere that a 150bhp oil burner is already in development.

Meg on pistonheads £6995
Based on a 'chipped' Fabia 172 bhp @ 1200kg, a near identical weighted Clio D 175 would do about 7.5 to 60 and 130 tops.

^ that'd be enough with TWICE the torque of the 2.0 197

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
172bhp laguna unit might be too heavy/ big for engine bay.
And gearbox also an issue.

Theres talk of the 2.0 dci 150 being put in the clio, whether it would wear the RS badge is another matter. Probably be in initiale spec - ie biege everywhere and about £16k!!

I don't see it appearing in this generation Clio unless they realy want the sales or the 197 does badly in the market.

There is a GT version of the CLio coming most likly a detuned 2.0 engine not a diesel though.

The 172 gearbox would seriously limit and decinet torque though ithe 100dci infact is detuned to keep the power below 200m for the gearbox warety. Even the 106hp dci has to be detunned for the new 197 gearbox (there the same box codes) to 240Nm so you'd need to use a stroger ie heavier box even Renault best box the one used on the 175hp model is weak the engine is again limited to 400NM thet unners sem to be having trouible pushing more than 470NM from the box before it shows serious weakness.

I wish they would make one thoughs tick the 2.2 175 engine in as that woule for a short time be quicker than the Ibiza in HP tersm to get the sales.

sharklover said:
I think 2.0 dci engine is too large to fit in a clio, isn't it?? :S
Nope it will fit in the Mk1 engine bay if you wanted. I measured up the 1.9 engine and that will fit with a modification to the fuel pump into a Mk2 shell.

Meg on pistonheads £6995
if the old 1.9DT fits in a 90's shape clio and the dCi 1.9 and 2.0 are only newer versions based on virtually the same block ........

it MUST fit

after all, the 'new' Clio is around 10% bigger in every direction!

al

ST on the way...
If they produced a performance diesel I think i'd be very interested, always liked the fabia VRS, nearly bought one before I got my 1.6 but the dash put me off lol

Meg on pistonheads £6995
wished we'd been together on the track mate and then you'd have witnessed a performance diesel!

a tenner says a chipped dCi would nobble a 1.6 16V

al

ST on the way...
black kro said:
wished we'd been together on the track mate and then you'd have witnessed a performance diesel!

a tenner says a chipped dCi would nobble a 1.6 16V

Would have been interesting actually, would've had my fog lights ready! ;)

DCi 100 maybe, defo not a DCi 65 ;)

Meg on pistonheads £6995
a Kangoo 65 would 'ave you mate! ;-)

Seriously, mine's estimated at 110 and 172 (from 86 and 136).

A self-timed drop from 11.5 to 9.7 for 60 (same road day before and day after ECU re-map and K&N) would put in the right ballpark!

al

ST on the way...
Not a bad power increas at all! :)

Mine was timed at 8.8 by the previous owner, two up with half a tank, totally standard.

al said:
DCi 100 maybe, defo not a DCi 65 ;)
I wouldn't recon so my dci 65 will keep with the 1.2's my mates recond mine is quicker than his 1.2 16V I'm not far being 1.4 16V and thats stock.

black kro said:
come on your Reno "insiders"!
I've never heard anything from any accurate sources.
It will all depend homthe 197 sells and its semms to be doing reasonably well.