ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault timing belt kits - updated again!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
For information purposes really for those that care:-

I've just received my latest weekly batch of F4R timing belt kits from Renault UK and once again those sneaky French buggers have made changes!

5284d664-44ca-125c.jpg

No obvious changes to the belt or tensioner unit but now the rear (grooved) idler has gone to the old phase 1 type design and comes with a new bolt and spacer.

5284d4a7-4748-37aa.jpg

New part number: 130C12131R (Ghey Nissan number)

Mick
Diamond Motors

Last edited:

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
You'd need to speak to a local Renault dealer about prices as we get a discount for buying in bulk so what I pay isn't what you'll pay.

Regards branding Renault don't make them as as always the tensioner is a Littens unit, the belt is Gates and the idlers are BRS and INA.

Mick

Fiesta ST-2
Thanks mick, I can get an SNR kit through work, it's just the belt and 3 pulleys though. I know they do a lot of oem stuff for Renault, wasn't sure if the belt kit was one of them. Annoying the cost price for the kit went up almost double in March :(

Lionel Richie
be interesting to see if they've done anything about the 197/200/225 kit, been banging on about this for ages, even a thread went on Renaultsport, maybe they listened!

Renault Clio ph1 172
i bay 130C12131R end i dont`c how to put tensioner this type on clio sport ph1 f4r 732
5284d4a7-4748-37aa.jpg

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Correct, that's the "new" old style rear idler pulley, not the tensioner

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Knowing Renault, there will have been a significant cost saving somewhere.